- Call 1-800-GAMBLER
Detroit Red Wings at Columbus Blue Jackets Preview
The Blue Jackets were expected to be a playoff team in the Central Division this season, but they just can’t seem to beat the Chicago Blackhawks or Nashville Predators. Columbus is currently in fifth place in the division with 21 points, and they have lost five straight.
Detroit has actually been worse than Columbus this season, going just 7-14-3 to begin the season. This is a great opportunity for Columbus to pick up a win to turn things around, and the Blue Jackets are favored at -180 in this matchup.
Where Did the Offense Go?
The Columbus Blue Jackets have scored just two total goals in their last three games, and that won’t get it done. This team is capable of being one of the better offensive teams in the league, but they are currently averaging just 2.65 goals per game.
While many players on this team have struggled at times, Cam Atkinson has not been one to blame. Atkinson leads the team with nine goals and 17 total points, and he will look to get his team going on Tuesday night.
It will likely be Joonas Korpisalo in net tonight for the Blue Jackets, and he needs to find a way to play better. Korpisalo is giving up more than 3.2 goals against per game, and that puts the Jackets struggling offense in a bind.
Red Wings Glad to Be in Columbus
The Detroit Red Wings are glad to be out of Chicago after the Blackhawks have done a number on them this season. Detroit is scoring just 2.13 goals per game while allowing more than 3.2 per contest.
Special teams have been a real struggle for Detroit to begin the year, converting on just 8.8% of their power-play chances and killing off less than 70 percent of their own penalties. This could allow the Blue Jackets to get some terrific scoring chances if the Red Wings are not disciplined.
Bobby Ryan is a player to watch out for on Tuesday night as he leads the team with six goals and 12 points.
A Win Could Change Things
Things have not gone well lately for the Blue Jackets, but this team still has enough talent to make a run at the playoffs. The Blue Jackets went 1-1 against the Red Wings earlier this season, and a win is all that the team is looking for at this time.
This has been a crazy season in the NHL, but the Blue Jackets just need one victory to get back on track. They are the better team in this matchup, and that should allow them to get enough offense to come away with the win.
The Blue Jackets are not as bad as they have been playing lately, but it takes a win to prove the doubters wrong and get things turned back around. Expect Columbus to play well against Detroit on Tuesday night.
Share article on:
- Related Posts
- Columbus Blue Jackets vs. Pittsburgh Penguins March 7 Betting PreviewBarry Devoe2 weeks ago
- Seattle Kraken vs. Columbus Blue Jackets March 3 Betting PreviewAyden Fahlstrom3 weeks ago
- Columbus Blue Jackets vs. Buffalo Sabres February 28 Betting PreviewAyden Fahlstrom3 weeks ago
- Minnesota Wild vs. Columbus Blue Jackets February 23 Betting PreviewAyden Fahlstrom1 month ago
- Columbus Blue Jackets vs. Arizona Coyotes February 19 Betting PreviewCole Paganelli1 month ago
- Recent Posts
- Cleveland Cavaliers vs. Brooklyn Nets March 23 Betting PreviewCole Paganelli1 day ago
- March Madness: Sweet 16 Betting PreviewBarry Devoe2 days ago
- Cleveland Cavaliers vs. Brooklyn Nets March 21 Betting PreviewRyan Knuppel3 days ago
- Buckeyes: Who Should Start At QB In 2023?Barry Devoe2 weeks ago
- Philadelphia 76ers vs. Cleveland Cavaliers March 15 Betting PreviewAyden Fahlstrom1 week ago