Cleveland Cavaliers vs. Detroit Pistons November 27 Betting Preview
The Cleveland Cavaliers (12-7) fell to the Milwaukee Bucks their last time out after winning their previous four games.
The Detroit Pistons (5-16) find themselves floundering at the bottom of the Eastern Conference.
Cleveland Cavaliers Betting Preview
Outside of their All-Star backcourt duo, it was a struggle for the Cavs, as they couldn’t get anyone else going.
Donovan Mitchell put up 29 points, and Darius Garland put up 20 points.
On an ideal night, Jarrett Allen would become more of a threat to score at the rim with his dunking abilities and tendency to free up on the pick-and-roll, but he was completely shut down.
The Bucks just outplayed them, plain and simple, as they are perennial contenders, which is where the Cavs want to get to.
“This is a great lesson for us,” Cavs head coach JB Bickerstaff said. “We played against an established team who knows where they need to go when they need to take it to another level. That's what we're learning. They took the game to playoff-level physicality, and those are things we have to learn how to compete against.”
Against a Pistons team that is absolutely reeling, that should give this Cavs team plenty of opportunities to work out the kinks in their system and get back to doing the little things that make this team elite.
Detroit Pistons Betting Preview
It’s been an absolute struggle for the Pistons, as this team has not been able to live up to expectations thus far this season.
However, they have had better luck recently, as they’ve won two of their last three games, with two of the wins coming against the Denver Nuggets and Utah Jazz, both teams well above .500 at the moment.
Bojan Bogdanovic has picked up the scoring slack in the absence of Cade Cunningham, and Alec Burks and Killian Hayes have stepped up their roles with more minutes available at the guard positions.
The Pistons do have a nice mix of guys who can score the ball out on the perimeter and near the rim, as several players have taken it upon themselves to fill in the gaping hole left behind by Cunningham.
It will be up to the Cavs to limit the Pistons’ ball movement and really make it a point to disrupt their rhythm.
The Cavs are favored by a -7 spread, as they are clearly the far better team at this point.
The Pistons have demonstrated that they can give contending teams a run for their money in recent games, but the Cavs also need a get-right game to get them back on track following a brutal loss to the Bucks.
Expect the Cavs to win this game and cover the spread out in the Motor City.
Share article on:
- Related Posts
- NBA Free Agency: What We Know And What Is ComingIan Jameson2 months ago
- 2023 NBA Draft Highlights: Spurs take generational talent, Cavs grab projectIan Jameson3 months ago
- 2023 NBA Finals In Review: How The Nuggets Made HistoryIan Jameson3 months ago
- Parlay All Day & Betting Guide: June 12th, 2023Grant Puskar3 months ago
- Parlay All Day & Betting Guide: June 9, 2023Grant Puskar3 months ago
- Recent Posts
- Breathe, Cleveland. Concern is valid, but don't give up yet.Grant Puskar2 days ago
- Ohio State at Notre Dame: Betting Odds and TrendsGrant Puskar5 days ago
- Cleveland Browns at Pittsburgh Steelers: Betting Odds and TrendsGrant Puskar5 days ago
- Is this the most important Browns opener......ever?Mac Blank2 weeks ago
- Two UDFA's that should make Browns 53-man rosterMac Blank1 month ago