Cleveland Cavaliers: Donovan Mitchell Updated MVP Odds
The Cleveland Cavaliers (8-5) have been rolling to begin the season, as they currently sit with a top-four record in the Eastern Conference.
The acquisition of Donovan Mitchell has had a lot to do with that, as he’s averaging 31.6 points per game on 51.3 percent shooting to go along with 6.1 assists and 4.7 rebounds per game.
This has easily been Mitchell’s best season in the NBA, and that says a lot given how accomplished a player he was with the Utah Jazz.
Mitchell made the playoffs every season he was with the Jazz and is the owner of a 50-point game during the postseason.
Mitchell is currently sitting with (+2500) odds to win the MVP award, tied with Nikola Jokic and Kevin Durant. That is not a bad place to be.
Donovan Mitchell Makes The Cavs Look Dangerous
What the Cavs were missing last season is a bonafide, go-to scorer and someone who can create their own shot from anywhere at any given time to go alongside their star point guard Darius Garland.
Now, all of a sudden, adding Mitchell to this group makes them all the more dangerous, as Jarrett Allen can continue to get easy looks at the rim while locking down the paint with his defense on the other side of the ball.
Mitchell’s arrival also allows Evan Mobley time to develop his all-around game.
Mitchell is also among the leaders in clutch points, which proves just how calm and collected he is under pressure.
The reason why the New York Knicks weren’t willing to give the Jazz exactly what they were seeking in a trade is because they were unsure of Mitchell’s status as an NBA superstar.
Well, he’s proving it right now just how dangerous he is, as all he’s needed was a stronger supporting cast to help him get to where he wants to be.
Not only is Mitchell one of the best scorers the NBA has to offer, but he’s also a high-character guy.
You won’t ever see Mitchell talking down about his teammates or in the news for the wrong reasons. You’ll only see him joking around, signing autographs for kids, and just being himself.
It makes rooting for him that much more fun and brings an element of happiness to see him doing so well in Cleveland.
It will take Mitchell sustaining this level of play and keeping the Cavs within the mix as one of the best basketball squads in the NBA for Mitchell to earn this award, but he should be able to stay in that mix so long as he stays healthy.
For now, Cleveland fans hope to continue to enjoy the dunking display of Spida, as well as his all-around ability to score, as they’ve been seeking a true superstar to lead this team ever since LeBron James bolted for a second time.
Share article on:
- Related Posts
- NBA Free Agency: What We Know And What Is ComingIan Jameson7 months ago
- 2023 NBA Draft Highlights: Spurs take generational talent, Cavs grab projectIan Jameson8 months ago
- 2023 NBA Finals In Review: How The Nuggets Made HistoryIan Jameson8 months ago
- Parlay All Day & Betting Guide: June 12th, 2023Grant Puskar8 months ago
- Parlay All Day & Betting Guide: June 9, 2023Grant Puskar8 months ago
- Recent Posts
- How To: Same Game Parlays (2024)Alex Kaufman1 month ago
- The NFL's Top Paid QB's in 2023/24: How did their team do?Grant Puskar1 month ago
- Ohio Sports Betting Bill: 2023Kole Emplit2 months ago
- Browns WR's will play key role in offensive successMac Blank3 months ago
- Browns trade deadline inactivity means Deshaun Watson should return to form soonMac Blank4 months ago