Cleveland Cavaliers vs. Memphis Grizzlies January 18 Betting Preview
The Cleveland Cavaliers (28-17) will try to end the Memphis Grizzlies (30-13) 10-game winning streak Wednesday night at the FedExForum in Memphis, Tennessee. Cleveland, fifth in the Eastern Conference, is 6-4 in their last 10 games and coming off of a 113-103 victory over the New Orleans Pelicans on Monday.
Memphis is one of the best teams in the league on home court with a 19-3 record. Cleveland has also been dominant at home, but are just 9-13 on the road.
Cleveland Cavaliers Betting Preview
Despite the scoring prowess of Donovan Mitchell, who ranks ninth in the league in scoring at 28.4 points per game, the Cavaliers have largely been successful with solid team defense. They rank 26th in points per game at 111.5 but have the second-best defensive rating (110.9) in the league.
On offense, the tandem of Mitchell and Darius Garland has been leading the charge for Cleveland. Garland is averaging 21.4 points, 7.8 assists, and 2.8 rebounds per game. Jarrett Allen is the team's primary rim protector and leads Cavaliers' players in rebounds with 9.8 per game.
It's worth monitoring the status of Mitchell tonight. The Cavaliers' leading scorer is a game-time decision with a groin injury that forced him out of Monday's game against the Pelicans. Sports Illustrated reported late Tuesday night that Mitchell was listed as doubtful.
Memphis Grizzlies Betting Preview
Ja Morant has cemented his status as one of the league's best and most exciting players this season. He ranks 10th in points (27.5) and also has 7.9 assists and 5.7 rebounds per game on 46.9 percent shooting, including 32.6 from beyond the arc. He has scored at least 23 points in each of his last seven games and has been the driving force for the Grizzlies during their 10-game winning streak.
Memphis is now second in the Western Conference, just 0.5 games back of the Denver Nuggets for first place. They've been dominant at both ends of the court, averaging 117.6 points per game (third in the NBA) with a defensive rating of 110.1 (first in the NBA).
Memphis is also second in offensive rebounds at 13.1 per game and first in rebounds at 49.2 per game. Steven Adams leads the way with 11.3 rebounds per game.
Cavaliers vs. Grizzlies Betting Odds and Prediction
Memphis is a heavy moneyline favorite at -278, while the Cavaliers are paying out +225. The spread for the Cavs-Grizzlies game is 7, with Cleveland and Memphis paying out -105 and -115 to cover, respectively. The over/under is 228, with both options paying out -110.
It's tough to bet against the Grizzlies at home, especially considering Mitchell may not play tonight. However, seven points is a lot for the Grizzlies to cover against a deep Cavs team. Memphis should extend their streak to 11 tonight, but take Cleveland to cover seven (-105).
Share article on:
- Related Posts
- NBA Free Agency: What We Know And What Is ComingIan Jameson2 months ago
- 2023 NBA Draft Highlights: Spurs take generational talent, Cavs grab projectIan Jameson3 months ago
- 2023 NBA Finals In Review: How The Nuggets Made HistoryIan Jameson3 months ago
- Parlay All Day & Betting Guide: June 12th, 2023Grant Puskar3 months ago
- Parlay All Day & Betting Guide: June 9, 2023Grant Puskar3 months ago
- Recent Posts
- Breathe, Cleveland. Concern is valid, but don't give up yet.Grant Puskar15 hours ago
- Ohio State at Notre Dame: Betting Odds and TrendsGrant Puskar4 days ago
- Cleveland Browns at Pittsburgh Steelers: Betting Odds and TrendsGrant Puskar4 days ago
- Is this the most important Browns opener......ever?Mac Blank2 weeks ago
- Two UDFA's that should make Browns 53-man rosterMac Blank3 weeks ago