Cleveland Cavaliers vs. Phoenix Suns January 8 Betting Preview
The Cleveland Cavaliers (25-15) had their three-game winning streak snapped by the Denver Nuggets, but they’re still within striking distance of the first seed in the Eastern Conference.
The Phoenix Suns (20-20) are on a five-game losing streak and have lost eight of their last nine games, as they are rapidly falling down the Western Conference standings.
Cleveland Cavaliers Betting Preview
The Cavs had a chance to prove that they can hang in with one of the better teams in the league despite not being the home team, but that didn’t come to fruition, leaving coach J.B. Bickerstaff critical of his team.
“I don't think we gave them our best shot,” Bickerstaff said. “You don't miss that many free throws if you're locked in. ... I don't think we had the right approach to beat a team like that."
It’s worth noting that Donovan Mitchell was sitting out in that game, which would’ve made a world of a difference for the Cavs.
Caris LeVert stepped in for Mitchell, providing 22 points, four rebounds, and three assists. Darius Garland added 21 points and eight assists.
While the Cavs got some decent contributions from their other key players, they were clearly missing that scoring punch Mitchell provides, as there isn’t a spot on the floor where Mitchell can’t be a threat.
Mitchell should be available for this one, but Garland is coming into the game questionable due to a thumb injury.
However, the Cavs are facing off against a team that is struggling, which gives them a solid chance to get back into their own rhythm.
Phoenix Suns Betting Preview
The Suns cannot seem to buy a win despite being just a season removed from having the best record in the league.
It’s worth noting that Devin Booker is out and will be for a while, and Chris Paul is getting much closer to reaching his 40th birthday.
That puts the onus on Mikal Bridges, Deandre Ayton, and several others to step up, but with them relying on the gravity Booker attracts and relying on a CP3 at his absolute best to get a sizable amount of their looks, the burden is too big for them to carry.
This Suns team could end up being a team that ends up clicking later this season, but right now, it looks hopeless in the desert.
The Cavs are favored by a -4.5 spread, which is considerably low given how badly the Suns have struggled.
With that said, this is a golden opportunity for the Cavs to just stick to their principles, not overthink anything and do all of the little things necessary to win ball games.
Expect the Cavs to stick to their game plan and win while covering the spread.
Share article on:
- Related Posts
- NBA Free Agency: What We Know And What Is ComingIan Jameson4 months ago
- 2023 NBA Draft Highlights: Spurs take generational talent, Cavs grab projectIan Jameson5 months ago
- 2023 NBA Finals In Review: How The Nuggets Made HistoryIan Jameson6 months ago
- Parlay All Day & Betting Guide: June 12th, 2023Grant Puskar6 months ago
- Parlay All Day & Betting Guide: June 9, 2023Grant Puskar6 months ago
- Recent Posts
- Browns WR's will play key role in offensive successMac Blank3 weeks ago
- Browns trade deadline inactivity means Deshaun Watson should return to form soonMac Blank1 month ago
- Best bet for TNF: Jaguars vs. SaintsGrant Puskar1 month ago
- Best bet for NLCS Game 2: Diamondbacks vs. PhilliesGrant Puskar1 month ago
- How the Browns offense can get back on trackMac Blank2 months ago