Cleveland Cavaliers vs. Washington Wizards February 6 Betting Preview
The Cleveland Cavaliers (33-22) won back-to-back games for the first time in more than a month on Sunday with a road win over the Indiana Pacers. They'll now look to make it three in a row against the Washington Wizards (24-28). Cleveland is now 11-16 on the road. Washington is 12-11 at home this season.
The Wizards, meanwhile, are 6-4 in their last 10 games but have lost back-to-back games to the Portland Trail Blazers and Brooklyn Nets. They won six games in a row before that, vaulting themselves into the play-in picture.
Cavaliers Betting Preview
Cleveland cruised to victory in Indiana, winning 122-103. The Cavs, not known for their efficient shooting (they rank 26th in offense at 111.7 PPG), have now averaged 125 points in their last two games. They beat Indiana with a balanced scoring attack led by Darius Garland's 24 points. Isaac Okoro finished with 20 points on 7-of-9 shooting.
Donovan Mitchell has struggled, however, since returning from a groin injury and could be limited tonight in the second half of a back-to-back. Mitchell, who's averaging 26.9 PPG this season, had just 19 points on 6-of-18 shooting Sunday night. He hasn't scored more than 24 points in his last seven games and has shot below 37.5 percent in six of those games.
Cleveland has the league's best defense, with a rating of 111.2. They have won two games in a row over the Wizards dating back to last season. Cleveland beat Washington 118-111 on October 23.
Wizards Betting Preview
Washington scored at least 113 points in five of its six games during its six-game winning streak and despite losing back-to-back games, scored 116 and 123 points in those losses. Washington ranks 19th in PPG at 113.3 this season and are about league average in most offensive categories.
Kristaps Porzingis, Kyle Kuzma, and Bradley Beal are all averaging more than 20 PPG for the Wizards. Kuzma, however, won't play Monday due to an ankle injury, while Beal is questionable with a foot injury. Beal had a season-best 34 points in Washington's loss to the Trail Blazers on Friday.
Washington holds the final play-in spot for the playoffs and is just 0.5 games up on the Indiana Pacers and Toronto Raptors. GM Tommy Sheppard has some difficult decisions to make ahead of Thursday's trade deadline.
Cavaliers vs. Wizards Odds and Prediction
Cleveland is a 1.5-point favorite (-110) tonight and -122 on the moneyline. The over/under is 222, with both the over and under paying out -110.
The Cavs are 10-16-1 against the spread (ATS) on the road, while Washington is just 9-14 ATS at home. Washington's offense has been firing on all cylinders lately, but without Beal and/or Kuzma could have trouble reaching its 113.3 PPG average. Take the under tonight if betting the totals. The Cavs, meanwhile, should be able to cover 1.5 points.
Share article on:
- Related Posts
- NBA Free Agency: What We Know And What Is ComingIan Jameson2 months ago
- 2023 NBA Draft Highlights: Spurs take generational talent, Cavs grab projectIan Jameson3 months ago
- 2023 NBA Finals In Review: How The Nuggets Made HistoryIan Jameson3 months ago
- Parlay All Day & Betting Guide: June 12th, 2023Grant Puskar3 months ago
- Parlay All Day & Betting Guide: June 9, 2023Grant Puskar3 months ago
- Recent Posts
- Ohio State at Notre Dame: Betting Odds and TrendsGrant Puskar3 days ago
- Cleveland Browns at Pittsburgh Steelers: Betting Odds and TrendsGrant Puskar3 days ago
- Is this the most important Browns opener......ever?Mac Blank2 weeks ago
- Two UDFA's that should make Browns 53-man rosterMac Blank3 weeks ago
- Cleveland Browns Preseason Evaluation: Buy or SellMac Blank1 month ago