Philadelphia 76ers vs. Cleveland Cavaliers March 15 Betting Preview
Two Eastern Conference teams vying for the conference crown and a shot at the Larry O’Brien Trophy will square off on Wednesday night, as the Cleveland Cavaliers will host the Philadelphia 76ers. The Sixers currently sit in third place in the East, just one game behind the second-place Boston Celtics, and four behind the top-seeded Milwaukee Bucks. The Cavs are in fourth place, sitting three games behind the Sixers.
We will now preview each of the teams, and then we’ll give you our betting predictions.
The Philadelphia 76ers believe that this is the year that they can win the East. With a healthy Joel Embiid, and James Harden playing well, the Sixers feel that this is the time for them to win the conference. Embiid is a top-tier MVP candidate. The big man can score inside or outside, and is virtually impossible to guard.
Embiid is averaging just over 33 points per game, with 10 rebounds and four assists. Harden, who has played the role of second fiddle well this season, is averaging just over 21 points per game with nearly 11 assists and seven rebounds per contest. With these two playing well, opposing teams are having a hard time slowing the Sixers down.
Philadelphia is on a five-game winning streak and has won seven of its last 10 games. Scoring just over 115 points per game, which is in the upper echelon of NBA teams, the Sixers also play better defensively than expected. They’ll be facing a Cleveland team that struggles at times to score.
Cleveland is coming off of a sweep of the lowly Charlotte Hornets over the past few days. They will now have a little tougher competition in the Sixers. Something to keep an eye on in this one will be the status of Donovan Mitchell and Jarrett Allen.
Mitchell, the team's leading scorer, was held out of Tuesday night’s game with the Hornets to rest his injured finger. We’re figuring on Mitchell playing in this one. As for Allen, he has been out the past few games with an eye injury. We’re not sure whether or not we’ll see him, so as of now, keep a keen eye on his status, as he has had good luck guarding Embiid in the past.
For Wednesday night’s games, the oddsmakers have spoken, and the spread has been set as Philadelphia being favored by 2.5 points. With the Cavs being the top defense in the league, we expect them to give Philadelphia’s offense some issues.
Even though the Sixers come into this one on a hot streak. We’re anticipating the streak will end on Wednesday. With a rested Mitchell, and the Cavs needing a big victory, we look for them to beat Philadelphia in a tight one at home.
Share article on:
- Related Posts
- NBA Free Agency: What We Know And What Is ComingIan Jameson7 months ago
- 2023 NBA Draft Highlights: Spurs take generational talent, Cavs grab projectIan Jameson8 months ago
- 2023 NBA Finals In Review: How The Nuggets Made HistoryIan Jameson9 months ago
- Parlay All Day & Betting Guide: June 12th, 2023Grant Puskar9 months ago
- Parlay All Day & Betting Guide: June 9, 2023Grant Puskar9 months ago
- Recent Posts
- How To: Same Game Parlays (2024)Alex Kaufman1 month ago
- The NFL's Top Paid QB's in 2023/24: How did their team do?Grant Puskar1 month ago
- Ohio Sports Betting Bill: 2023Kole Emplit2 months ago
- Browns WR's will play key role in offensive successMac Blank4 months ago
- Browns trade deadline inactivity means Deshaun Watson should return to form soonMac Blank4 months ago