Phoenix Suns vs. Cleveland Cavaliers January 4 Betting Preview
The Cleveland Cavaliers (24-14) are on a two-game winning streak thanks in large part to Donovan Mitchell exploding for 71 points in his last game.
The Phoenix Suns (20-18) have lost three straight games, as they are in serious danger of falling out of the mix for a top seed in the Western Conference.
Cleveland Cavaliers Betting Preview
Donovan Mitchell exploded for 71 points in the Cavs’ overtime win over the Chicago Bulls in his last game, as he joined an exclusive list of players to be the only ones to score at least 70 points in a game.
"It's humbling. I'm speechless to be honest with you when you say that," Mitchell said. "I think for me, not only did I do that but I did it in an effort where we came back and won. And it's how we won. That's really what, for me, it's like man, this is nuts ... I'm extremely blessed, humbled that I'm in that company, in that group."
Mitchell is very humbled to be among a group of those players, but it doesn’t mean he never had that belief in himself.
“To be there in the record book with guys like Wilt is truly humbling,” Mitchell said. “I always believed I could be one of the best players in the league. I’m speechless and blessed to be in the company of that greatness.”
Mitchell obviously carried a large majority of the load in the Cavs’ win - accounting for over half of their points. However, Jarrett Allen still put up a huge performance in his own right, finishing with 21 points on 9-of-10 shooting and eight rebounds.
Phoenix Suns Betting Preview
The Suns are in an absolute freefall right now with Devin Booker out of the lineup.
The Suns should have enough to get by with Chris Paul, Deandre Ayton and Mikal Bridges all in the mix, but their recent woes prove just how reliant they are on Booker and how his presence helps all of his teammates play the roles they’re most comfortable playing.
The Suns have been trying to lean on Duane Washington and Landry Shamet to fill in the void left behind by Booker, but they can only do so much, as they just don’t have the same abilities that Booker has.
The Cavs are favored by a -5 spread, as they’ll be gunning for their third straight win.
The Suns are coming into play looking lifeless and helpless, with no player willing to step up in the absence of their best player.
The Cavs hope to stay within contention for the top seed in the Eastern Conference, as the door is still open for them to get there.
Expect the Cavs to take care of business and cover the spread.
Share article on:
- Related Posts
- NBA Free Agency: What We Know And What Is ComingIan Jameson4 months ago
- 2023 NBA Draft Highlights: Spurs take generational talent, Cavs grab projectIan Jameson5 months ago
- 2023 NBA Finals In Review: How The Nuggets Made HistoryIan Jameson5 months ago
- Parlay All Day & Betting Guide: June 12th, 2023Grant Puskar5 months ago
- Parlay All Day & Betting Guide: June 9, 2023Grant Puskar6 months ago
- Recent Posts
- Browns WR's will play key role in offensive successMac Blank2 weeks ago
- Browns trade deadline inactivity means Deshaun Watson should return to form soonMac Blank3 weeks ago
- Best bet for TNF: Jaguars vs. SaintsGrant Puskar1 month ago
- Best bet for NLCS Game 2: Diamondbacks vs. PhilliesGrant Puskar1 month ago
- How the Browns offense can get back on trackMac Blank1 month ago