Three Potential Cavs Trade Targets
The Cleveland Cavaliers (15-9) are off to a fast start this season, as they have been thriving with the addition of Donovan Mitchell and the added depth and veteran leadership surrounding this team.
However, improvements can always be made, as the Cavs hope to reach the NBA Finals for the first time since 2018.
Here are three potential trade targets that can get the Cavs to where they want to be.
The Cavs could use another scorer and playmaker out on the wing, and who could potentially fill those needs better than DeMar DeRozan?
DeRozan is such an efficient shot creator, especially in the mid-range, as the space will all be there for him with Donovan Mitchell and Darius Garland commanding much of the attention out on the wings with their ability to shoot the three.
It may take the Cavs parting with Jarrett Allen for this move to work, but that’ll allow them to shift Evan Mobley to his more natural center position, which should bode well for when teams go smaller in the playoffs.
The Cavs may still prefer to keep Allen because of his rim-protecting skills as they may feel they already have enough scoring, but this could be something worth exploring.
If the Cavs want to add depth behind Jarrett Allen and Evan Mobley, then they should take a hard look at Mo Bamba, who isn’t getting much playing time with the Orlando Magic, with Wendell Carter Jr. and Bol Bol eating up the majority of the minutes at the center position.
Behind Allen, the center rotation in Cleveland is quite bad, as they’re relying on an aging Robin Lopez to fill in.
With Bamba, the Cavs don’t have to miss a beat when Allen needs a breather, as Bamba can also protect the rim at a high level and get out in transition while also being a great pick-and-roll complement to Donovan Mitchell and Darius Garland. Bamba can also hit the three.
The Detroit Pistons were expected to be playoff contenders this season, but with that no longer being the case, they could choose to trade Bojan Bogdanovic.
Bogdanovic would certainly help take a ton of scoring pressure off the Cavs’ backcourt of Donovan Mitchell and Darius Garland, as he can camp out in the corner and hit the open three or drive straight to the rack.
Bogdanovic is also a capable defender, especially on the switch.
In the NBA, you need to have a plethora of great shooters on your team to help open the game up to complement your best players. That is who Bogdanovic can be for this team.
A trade involving Isaac Okoro and future draft picks could move the needle for both sides.
Share article on:
- Related Posts
- NBA Free Agency: What We Know And What Is ComingIan Jameson4 months ago
- 2023 NBA Draft Highlights: Spurs take generational talent, Cavs grab projectIan Jameson5 months ago
- 2023 NBA Finals In Review: How The Nuggets Made HistoryIan Jameson6 months ago
- Parlay All Day & Betting Guide: June 12th, 2023Grant Puskar6 months ago
- Parlay All Day & Betting Guide: June 9, 2023Grant Puskar6 months ago
- Recent Posts
- Browns WR's will play key role in offensive successMac Blank3 weeks ago
- Browns trade deadline inactivity means Deshaun Watson should return to form soonMac Blank1 month ago
- Best bet for TNF: Jaguars vs. SaintsGrant Puskar1 month ago
- Best bet for NLCS Game 2: Diamondbacks vs. PhilliesGrant Puskar1 month ago
- How the Browns offense can get back on trackMac Blank2 months ago