Chicago White Sox vs. Cleveland Guardians May 22 Betting Preview
The Cleveland Guardians (20-26), 3rd in the AL Central, host the Chicago White Sox (19-29), 4th in the AL Central, in the first of a three-game series on Monday night. Cleveland has lost three in a row and the White Sox have won three in a row.
White Sox Betting Preview
Chicago is looking to turn its season around after a disastrous start. An early-season favorite to win the World Series, the White Sox struggled out of the gate but have won three in a row and five of their last six games. They're just 7-16 on the road this season, however.
The White Sox have a team batting average of .243 (T17th) and average 4.2 runs per game (T21st). They give up 5.4 runs per game and have a team ERA of 4.99 (26th).
Guardians Betting Preview
Cleveland is just 9-12 at home this season and 5-7 against divisional opponents. They're 3-7 in their last 10 games and dropped three in a row to the New York Mets this past weekend. The Mets outscored the Guardians 17-14, winning each game by one run.
Cleveland and Chicago played a three-game series last week, with the White Sox taking two of three games in Chicago. The Guardians' offense is among the worst in the league, averaging 3.6 runs per game (T28th) and only 7.6 hits per game (T26th). They have a team batting average of .228 (T25th).
White Sox vs. Guardians Betting Odds and Prediction
Cleveland is a -125 ML favorite and has a run line of -1.5 (+155). The White Sox are +105 ML underdogs with a +1.5 (-175) run line. The over/under is 9.
The over has hit in just six of Cleveland's 21 home games but, given the inexperienced pitchers on the mound tonight, there's reason to believe there should be more than nine runs scored. The over has hit in three of the five games Gaddis started for Cleveland this year.
Share article on:
- Related Posts
- Today in the MLB: Best Bets for July 14th, 2023Grant Puskar3 months ago
- Parlay All Day & Betting Guide: June 30, 2023Grant Puskar3 months ago
- Parlay All Day & Betting Guide: June 29, 2023Grant Puskar3 months ago
- Parlay All Day & Betting Guide: June 28, 2023Grant Puskar3 months ago
- Parlay All Day & Betting Guide: June 27, 2023Grant Puskar3 months ago
- Recent Posts
- Jim Schwartz has moved mountains so far for BrownsMac Blank3 days ago
- NFL: Updated AFC North title odds after Week 3Grant Puskar1 week ago
- Breathe, Cleveland. Concern is valid, but don't give up yet.Grant Puskar2 weeks ago
- Ohio State at Notre Dame: Betting Odds and TrendsGrant Puskar2 weeks ago
- Cleveland Browns at Pittsburgh Steelers: Betting Odds and TrendsGrant Puskar2 weeks ago