Rockies at Indians Preview
The Indians come in with a Spring record of 8-16, while the Rockies have been a bit better at 12-11. These two teams have played once already this Spring, with the Rockies coming out on top, 9-4.
Rockies at Indians Schedule
First Pitch: 4:05 PM EST
Location: Goodyear Ballpark, Goodyear, AZ
How To Watch: MLB.Com
Rockies Senzatela Looks To Stay Healthy
Colorado Rockies starting pitcher Antonio Senzatela is only making his second start of the Spring against the Indians as he spent the majority of camp nursing a hamstring injury.
Last week in his 2021 Spring Training debut, Senzatela went 3.2 IP against the Kansas City Royals while giving up two earned runs on eight hits while striking out two and not allowing a walk.
He will be an integral part of any success the Rockies look to have this season and will need to be healthy to contribute. The Rockies may even look to trade their controlled pitcher for future assets if he can continue the success he had in 2020.
Allen Can Finish Off Incredible Spring
Cleveland Indians starting pitcher Logan Allen has been nothing short of spectacular this Spring. He has started three games amassing 9 IP and has only given up one earned run in the process. He has also struck out 11 batters while walking only one in those nine innings.
Allen will make a great rotation complement to Indians ace Shane Beiber if he can continue this type of production into the regular season.
Neither of these two teams has a lot of hope of competing in 2021, so having their players stay healthy, grow, and take the next step will be their process.
Rockies at Indians Vegas Odds
Betting Line: Cleveland Indians -135
The Indians are favored in this matchup, and it is pretty clear why. Allen has been incredible, while Senzatela has been hurt.
The thing is, Senzatela has a more proven track record in the league, and the Indians' offense just isn't as good as it once was. Look for this to be a relatively low-scoring game if these two can pitch as they have.
Allen is due for some regression to the mean, however. Only giving up one earned run over three starts isn't sustainable, and the Rockies will likely capitalize on some of that regression today.
The Indians will have the advantage when the game gets to the bullpens, and that is where Spring games can get messy. This game should start to reflect more of a regular-season strategy, as we are now just days away from Opening Day.
Look for the Rockies to get to Allen a little bit and likely take this one.
Share article on:
- Related Posts
- Best bet for NLCS Game 2: Diamondbacks vs. PhilliesGrant Puskar4 months ago
- Today in the MLB: Best Bets for July 14th, 2023Grant Puskar7 months ago
- Parlay All Day & Betting Guide: June 30, 2023Grant Puskar8 months ago
- Parlay All Day & Betting Guide: June 29, 2023Grant Puskar8 months ago
- Parlay All Day & Betting Guide: June 28, 2023Grant Puskar8 months ago
- Recent Posts
- How To: Same Game Parlays (2024)Alex Kaufman1 month ago
- The NFL's Top Paid QB's in 2023/24: How did their team do?Grant Puskar1 month ago
- Ohio Sports Betting Bill: 2023Kole Emplit2 months ago
- Browns WR's will play key role in offensive successMac Blank3 months ago
- Browns trade deadline inactivity means Deshaun Watson should return to form soonMac Blank3 months ago