- Call 1-800-GAMBLER
Columbus Blue Jackets vs. Ottawa Senators January 3 Betting Preview
The Columbus Blue Jackets (11-22-2) head up north to play the Ottawa Senators (17-17-3) in one of 11 games on a busy NHL schedule for Tuesday night. Columbus has been a disaster all season and is 3-7 in its last 10 games, while the resurgent Senators are 6-3-1 in their last 10 games and seven points out of a wildcard playoff spot.
Joonas Korpisalo is the expected starter for the Blue Jackets, and Cam Talbot is projected to start for the Senators. Korpisalo is 5-6-1 with a 3.13 goals-against average (GAA), while Talbot is 10-9-1 with a 2.75 GAA and .911 save percentage.
🏒 Sports betting in Ohio is now live! Visit betJACK today to register and get in on the action now! 🏒
Blue Jackets Betting Preview
Columbus obviously hasn't met the expectations they had after signing prized free agent Johnny Gaudreau in the offseason, but they've also been plagued by injuries. Zach Werenski, one of the top defensemen in the league, underwent shoulder surgery in early December and will miss the rest of the season.
He played just 13 games. Forwards Jakub Voracek, Boone Jenner, and Yegor Chinakov are all out with injuries, and Patrik Laine has been limited to just 20 games this season.
Still, those injuries aren't an excuse for Columbus' poor overall play. The Blue Jackets rank 27th in goals per game at 2.69 and 31st in goals allowed at 3.91.
Goaltending and team defense has been a major issue. Columbus is 6-16-1 in games in which Korpisalo doesn't start.
Senators Betting Preview
Ottawa has had its fair share of injuries as well, but the team has persevered as of late. They're coming off of a 3-1 victory over the Buffalo Sabres and also have wins over the Boston Bruins and Washington Capitals as of late.
Talbot has done a great job at stabilizing the Senators, as he's brought veteran experience as well as calmness and confidence to the goaltender position.
Otherwise, Ottawa has benefited from depth up front as they have five players with at least 30 points, including team leader Brady Tkachuk (13 goals, 25 assists).
Josh Norris is the most notable absence for Ottawa. The 23-year-old American played just five games before injuring his shoulder. He has been skating with the team, however, and could be back within the next week.
Blue Jackets vs. Senators Betting Odds and Prediction
Ottawa is a huge favorite on the moneyline at (-213), while the Blue Jackets are paying out (+170) on the moneyline. The over/under for the game is 6.5. The Senators are listed at (+120) on the -1.5 puckline. Columbus is paying out (-148) on the +1.5 puckline.
Columbus and Ottawa have split their last four meetings, but the two teams have yet to play this season. Ottawa is 10-8-1 at home, and the Blue Jackets have the worst road record on the season at 2-11-1. The Senators moneyline and/or puckline bets are great options for tonight's game.
Share article on:
- Related Posts
- Columbus Blue Jackets vs. Pittsburgh Penguins March 7 Betting PreviewBarry Devoe3 weeks ago
- Seattle Kraken vs. Columbus Blue Jackets March 3 Betting PreviewAyden Fahlstrom3 weeks ago
- Columbus Blue Jackets vs. Buffalo Sabres February 28 Betting PreviewAyden Fahlstrom1 month ago
- Minnesota Wild vs. Columbus Blue Jackets February 23 Betting PreviewAyden Fahlstrom1 month ago
- Columbus Blue Jackets vs. Arizona Coyotes February 19 Betting PreviewCole Paganelli1 month ago
- Recent Posts
- Cleveland Browns: Elijah Moore Is What The Browns Have Been MissingMac Blank1 day ago
- Cleveland Cavaliers vs. Brooklyn Nets March 23 Betting PreviewCole Paganelli2 days ago
- March Madness: Sweet 16 Betting PreviewBarry Devoe3 days ago
- Cleveland Cavaliers vs. Brooklyn Nets March 21 Betting PreviewRyan Knuppel4 days ago
- Buckeyes: Who Should Start At QB In 2023?Barry Devoe2 weeks ago