- Call 1-800-GAMBLER
Vegas Golden Knights vs. Columbus Blue Jackets November 28 Betting Preview
After an unexpected night off and a rare postponement in Nashville over the weekend, the Columbus Blue Jackets are back in action against the Vegas Golden Knights. Both teams have won two of their last five matchups but have very different records.
Essentially, only a few people believe our Blue Jackets will defeat the Golden Knights, who have been one of the best teams in the league so far this season.
Columbus Blue Jackets Preview
The Columbus Blue Jackets enter Monday night’s game with a 7-12-1 record after losing their last matchup 3-2 to the New York Islanders. The Blue Jackets have lost their previous two games and three of their last four.
Notably, four of the Blue Jackets' last five games have ended with a +1.5 goal spread.
CBJ is averaging 2.90 goals per game on 29.8 shots while giving up 4.20 goals per game on 26.3 shots per game. The powerplay is still improving, having scored eight powerplay goals on the season, now converting on 16% of their chances.
The penalty kill will always have their work cut out for them but can improve their efficiency, currently operating at 77.6%. (thirteen power play goals against)
The Blue Jackets won’t play again until Friday, so we see no reason not to start Joonas Korpisalo for his third-straight game. Korpisalo has a 3-4-1 record, with a 3.75 goals-against average and a .920 save percentage.
Vegas Golden Knights Preview
The Vegas Golden Knights are back and look like Stanley Cup contenders early in the 2022-23 NHL season. The Golden Knights arrive in Columbus with a 16-6-1 record, although they have lost their last two games in a row and three of their last five.
The Golden Knights have hit a total goals of six in four of their last five games, while three of their previous five games have ended with a +1.5 goal spread.
The Golden Knights’ stats don’t suggest it will be a fun night for CBJ. Vegas is averaging 3.48 goals per game on 33 shots while giving up 2.65 goals against on 30.1 shots. Jack Eichel is healthy and leads the Golden Knights in scoring with twenty-six points (eleven goals, fifteen assists).
The Golden Knights’ special teams are alright but have room to improve. The powerplay is converting on 21.2% of their chances (fourteen powerplay goals), while the penalty kill is operating at 74.1% (fifteen powerplay goals against).
We expect Logan Thompson to start for Vegas. Thompson has emerged from third on the depth chart to become Vegas’ starting goalie for 2022-23. Thompson has a 11-4-0 record, a 2.48 goals-against average, and a .920 save percentage.
Odds And Predictions
Using a total goals line of 6.5, the over is listed at (-115) odds, while the under is listed at (-106). Columbus has a 14-6 over/under record, while Vegas has a 10-12 over/under record.
Potentially no Johnny Gaudreau against the best team in the Pacific division means we’re taking the Vegas Golden Knights across the board. It’ll likely be a long night for Columbus, so we’ll take the lock of the Vegas Golden Knights on the moneyline. We’ll also take Vegas to cover the spread.
This one could hit the over, improving CBJ’s over/under record. However, Vegas is likely to contribute far more to the over than the Blue Jackets. Sorry, CBJ fans, you’ve got to take the Vegas Golden Knights in this one.
Share article on:
- Related Posts
- Washington Capitals vs. Columbus Blue Jackets January 31 Betting PreviewCole Paganelli1 week ago
- Columbus Blue Jackets vs. Edmonton Oilers January 25 Betting PreviewRyan Knuppel2 weeks ago
- Anaheim Ducks vs. Columbus Blue Jackets January 19 Betting PreviewTyler Vaysman3 weeks ago
- Columbus Blue Jackets vs. Nashville Predators January 17 Betting PreviewCole Paganelli3 weeks ago
- New York Rangers vs. Columbus Blue Jackets January 16 Betting PreviewRyan Knuppel3 weeks ago
- Recent Posts
- Kent State Golden Flashes vs. Akron Zips February 3 Betting PreviewBarry Devoe2 days ago
- Wisconsin Badgers vs. Ohio State Buckeyes February 2 Betting PreviewRyan Knuppel4 days ago
- Memphis Grizzlies vs. Cleveland Cavaliers February 2 Betting PreviewTyler Vaysman4 days ago
- Providence Friars vs. Xavier Musketeers February 1 Betting PreviewAyden Fahlstrom4 days ago
- Tulsa Golden Hurricane vs. Cincinnati Bearcats February 1 Betting PreviewBarry Devoe5 days ago