MLS Betting Preview: Colorado Rapids vs. Columbus Crew
The Columbus Crew and the Colorado Rapids have met several times over the previous few seasons. The results have been split right down the middle for the most part, but Colorado does hold a two wins to one advantage over Columbus. In that same time period they have played to a pair of draws as well.
Their most recent meeting came in August of 2022 and it was a 1-1 draw. The last win for Colorado in this series came in 2019 when they picked up a 3-2 victory. The last win in this head to head matchup for Columbus came nearly five years ago in September of 2018 by a score of 2-1.
There hasn’t been much to be positive about lately for the Columbus Crew as they are in the middle of one of their worst stretches of the season. They are coming off of a heartbreaking loss in their rivalry game with FC Cincinnati last weekend and a loss to Nashville on Sunday night and they will be hoping they can regroup here in this one against the Colorado Rapids on Wednesday evening.
They are currently on a three game losing streak, and last week they were upset by the Pittsburgh Riverhounds and knocked out of the 2023 US Open Cup. They have only managed to pick up one victory in their last six Major League Soccer contests.
Colorado has been absolutely terrible as of late and have failed to pick up a victory or draw in their last five games.
They are one of the worst teams in Major League Soccer this season and sit second to last in the Western Conference through their first fifteen games of the season. They have only managed to win two games this season and they haven’t grabbed a win in domestic league play since May 6th.
The Columbus Crew have scored 32 goals in 17 games this season while conceding 22 goals as well. They have won their games by simply outsourcing the other team. However, it has always gotten them into trouble when they are unable to score and they concede multiple goals a game.
After scoring two weekends ago in the derby, Lucas Zelarayán will be looking to find the back of the net once again this weekend and add to his team leading six goals in 12 games. Columbus as a team has found the back of the net in all but two of their road games this season and can nearly guarantee you a goal every time they take the pitch.
Colorado has been one of the least productive teams in the league this season. They have only manufactured 12 goals this season while conceding 22 of them throughout their first fifteen games of the 2023 Major League Soccer season. The last time they played on the road they gave up four goals to Atlanta United.
I expect Columbus to break through and grab the victory in this game against a much weaker Colorado side. The Crew are desperate for a win at the moment and I expect them to get a comfortable victory in this game on Wednesday.
My Pick: Columbus Crew
Share article on:
- Related Posts
- MLS Betting Preview: Colorado Rapids vs. Columbus CrewTony Battalio9 months ago
- MLS Betting Preview: Columbus Crew vs. FC CincinnatiTony Battalio9 months ago
- MLS Betting Preview: LA Galaxy vs. Columbus CrewTony Battalio9 months ago
- MLS Betting Preview: Columbus Crew vs. Orlando CityTony Battalio10 months ago
- Columbus BettingbetJACK Training Camp1 year ago
- Recent Posts
- How To: Same Game Parlays (2024)Alex Kaufman1 month ago
- The NFL's Top Paid QB's in 2023/24: How did their team do?Grant Puskar1 month ago
- Ohio Sports Betting Bill: 2023Kole Emplit2 months ago
- Browns WR's will play key role in offensive successMac Blank4 months ago
- Browns trade deadline inactivity means Deshaun Watson should return to form soonMac Blank4 months ago