- Call 1-800-GAMBLER
US Open Odds and Betting Guide
The US Open is one of the best tournaments of the season for golf betting because there is rarely a wire-to-wire winner. Fluctuations in the scoring mean changes in the US Open odds for an event with an average winning margin of about three shots between 2013 and 2022.
US Open Odds and Betting Markets
The US Open is the third of the four major championships in golf. It takes place in the middle of June in rotation on some of the most famous championship courses in the United States.
This event is organized by the USPGA, whose philosophy says: “A course for the US Open must test shot-making in all forms, physical endurance and mental tenacity under extreme pressure conditions found in major championship golf.”
The fearsome nature of the test is reflected in the golf markets, which are described below.
The most popular bet in golf is on the winner of an event, especially at a major like the US Open because the best players in the world participate. The leading contenders in the next US Open odds might be as follows:
Rory McIlroy +1000
Jon Rahm +1200
Scottie Scheffler +1200
Justin Thomas +1400
Sportsbooks might include Tiger Woods in their lists at a best price of +8000, although injury means there is no guarantee he will take part.
You can back your favorite golfer to make a place in the US Open. The number of places varies by the sportsbook, but for the majors, it can be as many as eight. The place-only odds are generally about one-fifth the win odds. However, there is a trade-off between the number of places and these odds.
18 Holes Matches
In the first two rounds of the US Open, players compete in groups of three. You are betting on the player to post the lowest score over 18 holes, making this a three-way market.
Typical US Open odds for 18-hole matches over the first two rounds are as follows:
Rory McIlroy +125
Will Zalatoris +175
Cameron Smith +225
72 Holes Matches
The objective is to predict which player in a head-to-head match will record the lowest score over four rounds.
Here is an example of US Open odds in a 72-hole match:
Rory McIlroy -140
Matt Fitzpatrick +120
This is an Over/Under Totals market, and the US Open winning score from 2018 to 2022 was: +1, -13, -6, -6, and -6.
Another market expressed in Over/Under Totals with a five-year record of 1,3,6,1, and 1.
US Open Odds For Future
Sportsbooks issue US Open futures betting almost immediately after the previous year’s event. You might get good odds, but there is ‘action’ if the backed player withdraws.
During the US Open, you can place live bets as the action unfolds. Most sportsbooks allow cash-out betting to guarantee a profit or limit any loss before the end of the championship.
Share article on:
- Related Posts
- Sentry Tournament Of Champions Golf Betting PreviewRyan Knuppel1 month ago
- American Express Golf OddsbetJACK Training Camp2 months ago
- PGA Golf OddsbetJACK Training Camp2 months ago
- TOUR Championship FedEx Golf Betting Odds & PicksBarry Devoe5 months ago
- BMW Golf Championship Betting PreviewBarry Devoe5 months ago
- Recent Posts
- Cleveland Cavaliers vs. Houston Rockets January 26 Betting PreviewAyden Fahlstrom4 days ago
- Columbus Blue Jackets vs. Edmonton Oilers January 25 Betting PreviewRyan Knuppel4 days ago
- Cleveland Cavaliers vs. New York Knicks January 24 Betting PreviewCole Paganelli1 week ago
- betJACK Best Bets: NCAA Basketball January 24Jordan Knabb5 days ago
- The Browns Need Speed At Receiver To Take The Next StepMac Blank1 week ago