- Call 1-800-522-4700
Australian Open Tennis Bets: Who Will Win?
The Australian Open is currently underway, and this event will continue throughout the month of January. This is a loaded field on both the men’s and women’s side of things, but there is one notable absence.
Novak Djokovic was not able to enter into the 2022 Australian Open due to being unvaccinated against COVID-19, and he was the clear betting favorite leading up to the event. There has already been a massive upset on the women’s side, and that has opened that back up as well.
Here is a look at the current contenders to win the Australian Open on both sides, and a title pick is included at the end as well.
Pretty Clear Top Three
Now that Djokovic is out of the mix on the men’s side, there is a pretty clear top three that has emerged in terms of betting odds. There have already been some minor upsets at the Australian Open, but the top three players remain in play.
Here are the three current betting favorites to win the Australian Open:
Daniil Medvedev +120
Rafael Nadal +400
Stefanos Tsitsipas +1000
All three of these players have at least advanced to the fourth round, and they have to be feeling a sigh of relief that they won’t have to deal with Djokovic at any point. There was plenty of belief that Medvedev was good enough to beat Djokovic at this event this year, but we won’t get to see that expected matchup.
Even though there have been some upsets already down in Australia, the top players are starting to emerge from the rest of the pack. You should be expecting the best players to continue to advance over the next few days, and that will set up some terrific matchups in the final few days.
Osaka Loss Changes Things
Naomi Osaka came into the Australian as one of the betting favorites, but there was still some questions about her game. Osaka was once considered the future star of women’s tennis, but things have gone the other direction in a hurry.
Osaka was not the betting favorite to win the Australian Open, but she did come into the event with odds set at +550. That put her in third place on the list, but she was still trailing Simona Halep and Ashleigh Barty.
Barty is the clear betting favorite to win the Australian Open as she currently has odds set at +240. She is from Australia, and playing in her home country has helped her reach the quarterfinals without much trouble.
The Picks Are In
Taking Djokovic and Osaka to win their respective tournaments would have been a smart play, but that’s no longer an option. You are still going to want to focus on some of the top tennis players as there won’t be a major upset in the final few rounds.
The smart pick on the men’s side is to take Rafael Nadal to come away with the title. Nadal won’t have to deal with Djokovic, and this is a perfect opportunity for him to pull through.
On the women’s side, going with the hometown favorite is the way to go. Ashleigh Barty is going to do what it takes to win the title and give the home crowd something to cheer about.
Share article on:
- Related Posts
- Best US Open Tennis Men's Betting PicksAyden Fahlstrom3 months ago
- Best US Open Tennis Women's Betting PicksBarry Devoe3 months ago
- Wimbledon Final Betting Preview: July 10 Men's Final Bet PickBarry Devoe5 months ago
- Wimbledon Final Betting Preview: July 9 Ladies Final Bet PickRyan Knuppel5 months ago
- Wimbledon Semifinal Betting Preview: July 7 Ladies Semifinal Bet PicksBarry Devoe5 months ago
- Recent Posts
- Green Bay Packers vs. Philadelphia Eagles Sunday Night Football Betting PreviewCole Paganelli3 days ago
- Cleveland Cavaliers vs. Detroit Pistons November 27 Betting PreviewBarry Devoe18 hours ago
- betJACK Best Bets: NFL Week 12Barry Devoe3 days ago
- Tampa Bay Buccaneers vs. Cleveland Browns Best Prop Bets November 27Ayden Fahlstrom3 days ago
- Cincinnati Bengals vs. Tennessee Titans Best Prop Bets November 27Barry Devoe5 days ago