Blue Jackets: Landing Connor Bedard Would Be Franchise-Altering
An Unfortunate Season
It’s no secret that the Columbus Blue Jackets’ 2022-23 season was less than ideal. In the playoffs, the Blue Jackets’ have only placed higher than the first round twice since the team’s first NHL season.
This next draft could change things. Heading into the 2023 NHL draft, the Blue Jackets have a 13.5% chance at being the first draft lottery draw, the second-best odds behind the Anaheim Ducks (18.5%) but still ahead of the Chicago Blackhawks (11.5%).
A Potentially Massive Roster Update
Generational talent only occurs, well, once in a generation.
The Blue Jackets have never experienced a first overall pick in the draft lottery that wasn’t the result of a trade, but this year might be different.
Connor Bedard is that generational talent the Blue Jackets need.
Bedard is a Canadian center and captain of the Regina Pats of the Western Hockey League. He’s scored 71 goals in 57 games, along with 72 assists, averaging 2.51 points per game. As far back and 2018, Bedard was named “The Future of Hockey” by The Hockey News.
Needless to say, a young player like Bedard would give the Blue Jackets a new, much needed energy.
What To Wait For
Currently, the Anaheim Ducks have the statistical edge when it comes to being the first draft lottery draw. That doesn’t mean the Blue Jackets are out of the conversation yet.
If the Blue Jackets get this desired pick, or even manage to trade for it, the teams dynamic will change drastically.
After landing star Johnny Gaudreau last offseason, the future is still bright for the Blue Jackets. If they can add a guy like Bedard to the mix, they could evolve into contenders for the forseeable future.
Share article on:
- Related Posts
- Parlay All Day & Betting Guide: June 13th, 2023Grant Puskar6 months ago
- Parlay All Day & Betting Guide: June 5, 2023Grant Puskar6 months ago
- Blue Jackets: Landing Connor Bedard Would Be Franchise-AlteringIan Jameson7 months ago
- Columbus Blue Jackets vs. Pittsburgh Penguins March 7 Betting PreviewBarry Devoe9 months ago
- Seattle Kraken vs. Columbus Blue Jackets March 3 Betting PreviewAyden Fahlstrom9 months ago
- Recent Posts
- Browns WR's will play key role in offensive successMac Blank3 weeks ago
- Browns trade deadline inactivity means Deshaun Watson should return to form soonMac Blank1 month ago
- Best bet for TNF: Jaguars vs. SaintsGrant Puskar1 month ago
- Best bet for NLCS Game 2: Diamondbacks vs. PhilliesGrant Puskar1 month ago
- How the Browns offense can get back on trackMac Blank2 months ago