Boston Celtics vs. Golden State Warriors Game 6 NBA Finals Betting Preview & Prediction
Game 6 of the 2022 NBA Finals between the Golden State Warriors and Boston Celtics takes place Thursday evening, as the Warriors were in absolute control in Game 5 to take a 3-2 series lead.
The Celtics enter play favored with a -4 spread. The point total is set at 210. You can bet on the Game 6 NBA Finals matchup for free right now with betJACK Training Camp.
Let’s take a look at what’s at stake for both teams heading into Game 6.
Warriors Game 6 Betting Outlook
The Warriors handled business back home in front of their fans in Game 5, but it wasn’t their typical night as a group.
After a scorching hot first four games of the series, Stephen Curry crashed back down to earth, as he managed to score just 16 points on 7-of-22 shooting. He also failed to make a single 3-pointer for the first time in 233 games. That’s a long time, but it’s also Steph Curry, so it shouldn't shock anyone.
Andrew Wiggins was the star of the night for the Dubs, as he went off for 26 points and 13 rebounds. Defensively, he was also hounding the absolute heck out of Jayson Tatum, which played a large part in keeping the Celtics’ offense in check.
Klay Thompson also appears to have his mojo back, as he provided 21 points on 7-of-14 shooting. Gary Payton II and Jordan Poole came off the bench to score 15 and 14 points, respectively.
For the Warriors to close it out in Game 6, they’re going to continue to need the role players to step up but on the road in Boston, they’re also going to need Curry to shoot better.
Celtics Game 6 Betting Outlook
Jayson Tatum led the way with 27 points on 10-of-20 shooting to go along with 10 rebounds and four assists.
Marcus Smart contributed 20 points on 7-of-15 shooting. Jaylen Brown added 18 points, nine rebounds and four assists.
Tatum, Brown and Smart have largely shown up this entire series, but outside of a scorching hot Game 1, Al Horford has largely been quiet.
As a veteran leader and someone who can hit the three, score in the post and play quality defense, the Celtics are going to need a lot more from him if they hope to keep their title chances alive.
Tatum appears gassed at times and has been dealing with a shoulder injury, but is still giving a valiant effort out there on the floor.
If the Celtics hope to extend the series, they’re going to need to play their physical style of basketball and also rely on Tatum and Brown to carry the scoring load.
Game 6 NBA Finals Betting Pick: Warriors Win
The series may be shifting to Boston, but at this point, it appears that the Warriors have all the momentum and have the Celtics all but figured out.
A big reason why the Celtics won Game 1 is because of the amount of threes they hit, which wasn’t sustainable.
Expect Curry to respond after an off night and the Warriors to ultimately wrap up this series to avoid a Game 7 on Sunday.
Share article on:
- Related Posts
- NBA Free Agency: What We Know And What Is ComingIan Jameson4 months ago
- 2023 NBA Draft Highlights: Spurs take generational talent, Cavs grab projectIan Jameson5 months ago
- 2023 NBA Finals In Review: How The Nuggets Made HistoryIan Jameson6 months ago
- Parlay All Day & Betting Guide: June 12th, 2023Grant Puskar6 months ago
- Parlay All Day & Betting Guide: June 9, 2023Grant Puskar6 months ago
- Recent Posts
- Browns WR's will play key role in offensive successMac Blank3 weeks ago
- Browns trade deadline inactivity means Deshaun Watson should return to form soonMac Blank1 month ago
- Best bet for TNF: Jaguars vs. SaintsGrant Puskar1 month ago
- Best bet for NLCS Game 2: Diamondbacks vs. PhilliesGrant Puskar1 month ago
- How the Browns offense can get back on trackMac Blank2 months ago