- Call 1-800-GAMBLER
Buffalo Bills vs Tennessee Titans - MNF Betting Preview
Week Six of the NFL season will wrap up with a matchup between two playoff teams from last season, as the Tennessee Titans host the Buffalo Bills. With both teams sitting above .500 through the first five weeks of this season, this game has the potential to be a preview of a playoff matchup for this year. And with the Bills favored by six points going into this game, Tennessee will need to play their best to slow the Bills’ momentum at home.
After a Week One loss at home to the Pittsburgh Steelers, the Buffalo Bills have won four straight games in convincing fashion. They have won all four of those games by at least 18 points, pitching shutouts against the Miami Dolphins and Houston Texans over that stretch. This week, a shutout may be hard to come by against a potent Titans offense, but the Bills will still like the chances of their defense.
So far this season, the Buffalo Bills are allowing the fewest yards per play in the NFL, giving up 4.3 yards per play in 2021. No other team in the league is allowing under five yards per play on the season, which speaks to how high a level the Buffalo defense is operating on. But with Julio Jones, AJ Brown, and Derrick Henry all available for the Titans this week, the Bills won’t be able to rest on their past accomplishments on defense in this game.
The Tennessee Titans rebounded nicely last week after losing to the New York Jets, beating the Jacksonville Jaguars on the road in a division matchup. In the 37-19 win over the Jaguars, Tennessee forced two turnovers and did not commit a single turnover of their own. Against a Bills team that is doing everything right over the last month, the Titans will need to win the turnover battle once again.
This matchup with the Bills is the beginning of a five-week gauntlet of a schedule for the Titans that could decide the fate of their season. Tennessee, after facing the Bills, is tasked with playing the Chiefs, Colts, Rams, and Saints consecutively. They will look for a strong start to that stretch on Monday night against the Bills, as a loss here could set the tone for a run that could take them out of playoff contention.
Keys to the Game
The biggest key to this game for the Bills will be their consistency offensively. Their defense has proven that it can slow down elite offenses, as they showed against the Chiefs on the road last week. It will be up to the offense to move the ball and avoid turning the ball over, to avoid putting the defense in sudden change situations that would make scoring easier for the Titans.
The key for the Bills will be getting both Julio Jones and AJ Brown involved in the game early. Doing so will open up space for Derrick Henry to run, as Buffalo won’t be able to pack the box with defenders. While Ryan Tannehill played well against the Bills at home last year, Buffalo’s defense is much improved.
Share article on:
- Related Posts
- It's Time To Unleash Deshaun WatsonMac Blank2 weeks ago
- Cleveland Browns: Five Players To Watch During 2023 NFL CombineMac Blank1 month ago
- Can We Pause The Patrick Mahomes Narratives?Drew Thirion1 month ago
- Kansas City Chiefs vs. Philadelphia Eagles Super Bowl Betting PreviewRyan Knuppel1 month ago
- Pass Rush Is Needed To Compete For Super BowlMac Blank1 month ago
- Recent Posts
- Buckeyes: Who Should Start At QB In 2023?Barry Devoe1 week ago
- Philadelphia 76ers vs. Cleveland Cavaliers March 15 Betting PreviewAyden Fahlstrom1 week ago
- Cleveland Cavaliers vs. Charlotte Hornets March 14 Betting PreviewRyan Knuppel1 week ago
- 2023 March Madness Betting PreviewTyler Vaysman1 week ago
- Cleveland Cavaliers vs. Charlotte Hornets March 12 Betting PreviewAyden Fahlstrom1 week ago