- Call 1-800-GAMBLER
Calvin Kattar vs. Josh Emmett UFC Fight Night Betting Preview
The UFC Fight Night event on June 18 in Austin, Texas, will be headlined with a featherweight title eliminator bout between Calvin Kattar (23-5) and Josh Emmett (17-2).
This matchup has all the makings to be one of the best main events of 2022. Both men are fighting for an important reason, to get in the front seat for a title shot.
The UFC featherweight title is up for grabs in two weeks with the trilogy fight between Volkanovski and Holloway, so if someone puts on a great performance this weekend, a call out to the winner of that one is in store.
Kattar vs. Emmett Fight Breakdown
Calvin Kattar is coming off the best performance he has put together of his career so far with a 5-round dominant victory over Giga Chikadze. He stopped Chikadze’s hype to the title shot in its tracks and reminded everyone that he belongs on top of the division.
Kattar is a tough New England fighter with some of the slickest boxing in the UFC, and he seems to get better and better with his grappling every time we see him on the ground in the octagon. I don’t think this fight will go to the ground too much, but I can see Kattar going for a takedown at the end of a round to secure it in the judges eyes.
Josh Emmett is an absolute workhorse. If you have followed him on his social media, you will see that he trains harder than the majority of fighters at this level. This might be his downfall, though. He carries a lot of injuries with him in the octagon now, and his durability could come into play with how Kattar tends to inflict a lot of damage to his opponents
Look for Kattar to push the pace and pressure Emmett behind his jab, and get him up against the fence. If Emmett is up against the fence, then that opens Kattar up to use his dangerous elbows that slice people up, and that is when his opponents start showing real wear and tear in the octagon.
Kattar vs. Emmett Betting Analysis
This fight has two tough guys that like to stand and bang, but with lots of technical skills involved. Kattar has some of the best boxing in the UFC, and Emmett has explosiveness and great power. I think Kattar’s size advantage and his jab will be a big issue for Emmett in this one.
Kattar is a pretty big favorite in this one at -228 on betJACK, and it is tough to find a lot of value in that. One thing to keep in mind is both guys have incredibly durable chins and don’t get finished. All arrows point to this one being a 25-minute war.
This fight going to a decision is at -120 right now, and that has lots of value given the prior performances out of these two. Kattar took a ton of damage against Max Holloway, and he was still dangerous in the fifth round.
You can bet on UFC Fight Night for free in Ohio on betJACK Training Camp right now.
Share article on:
- Related Posts
- UFC Fight Night Jared Cannonier vs. Sean Strickland Betting PreviewAyden Fahlstrom1 month ago
- UFC Fight Night Thompson vs. Holland Betting PreviewRyan Knuppel2 months ago
- UFC 281: Israel Adesanya vs. Alex Pereria November 12 Betting PreviewTyler Vaysman3 months ago
- Jake Paul vs. Anderson Silva Betting PreviewTyler Vaysman3 months ago
- UFC Fight Night Kattar vs. Allen Betting PreviewRyan Knuppel3 months ago
- Recent Posts
- Cleveland Cavaliers vs. Houston Rockets January 26 Betting PreviewAyden Fahlstrom1 day ago
- Columbus Blue Jackets vs. Edmonton Oilers January 25 Betting PreviewRyan Knuppel2 days ago
- Cleveland Cavaliers vs. New York Knicks January 24 Betting PreviewCole Paganelli3 days ago
- betJACK Best Bets: NCAA Basketball January 24Jordan Knabb3 days ago
- The Browns Need Speed At Receiver To Take The Next StepMac Blank4 days ago