- Call 1-800-GAMBLER
Cincinnati Bengals vs. Pittsburgh Steelers Prop Bets
When the Steelers and Bengals face off in NFL Week 12 action, there will be several betting angles worth taking a look at. In addition to the full-game markets like the point spread and total, there are a number of compelling player props that could be strong plays. These three props in particular should carry value going into this matchup that will have a huge impact on the race to win the AFC North.
Ben Roethlisberger Under 260.5 Passing Yards
Ben Roethlisberger and the Steelers put up a lot of points last week, mounting a huge second-half comeback in a losing effort against the Los Angeles Chargers. Roethlisberger finished with 273 yards, as he had to put the ball in the air 44 times. This week, his passing yardage total is set at 260.5, and the under is a play worth making if betting on this prop.
In nine games this season, Roethlisberger has gone under 260 yards five times, going over that amount four times. He did throw for 318 yards against the Bengals earlier this season in a 24-10 loss, but he had a season-high 58 pass attempts to get there. If he averages close to the 5.5 yards per attempt he had in that game and doesn’t approach 60 pass attempts, he should go way under this total.
Joe Mixon Over 14.5 Receiving Yards
Joe Mixon hasn’t been a prolific pass catcher this season, averaging around two catches per game for under 200 receiving yards this season. But the over 14.5 receiving yards prop for Mixon feels like the right play here. The reason for that is the way that the Pittsburgh Steelers allowed a running back to go off just a week ago.
Pittsburgh allowed Austin Ekeler of the Chargers to amass six catches and 65 receiving yards on Sunday Night Football a week ago. More importantly, Ekeler was able to get into the end zone four different times for the Chargers. Expect the Bengals to get Mixon the ball out in space, where he is dangerous, and where the Steelers could give up another big day to a running back.
First Scoring Play: Bengals TD
The Bengals are a better team than the Steelers on both sides of the ball at this point in time. They were dominant against Pittsburgh the first time they played this season, and that could very well be the case again this week. Because of that, getting the Bengals to score a touchdown for the first scoring play of the game at plus money is the way to go.
If you are feeling adventurous, the Bengals to kick a field goal for the first scoring play of the game is at better than 3/1 odds. But the explosive players on the Bengals’ offense make them a threat to score a touchdown either through a sustained drive or a big play. Either way, it is worth taking a flyer on the Bengals to score a touchdown to open the scoring in this division matchup.
Share article on:
- Related Posts
- The Browns Need Speed At Receiver To Take The Next StepMac Blank2 weeks ago
- Cincinnati Bengals vs. Buffalo Bills AFC Divisional Round Betting PreviewTyler Vaysman2 weeks ago
- Jacksonville Jaguars vs. Kansas City Chiefs AFC Divisional Round Betting PreviewRyan Knuppel2 weeks ago
- Baltimore Ravens vs. Cincinnati Bengals Wild Card Betting PreviewBarry Devoe3 weeks ago
- NFL Best Bets: Wild Card WeekendRyan Knuppel3 weeks ago
- Recent Posts
- Kent State Golden Flashes vs. Akron Zips February 3 Betting PreviewBarry Devoe1 day ago
- Wisconsin Badgers vs. Ohio State Buckeyes February 2 Betting PreviewRyan Knuppel3 days ago
- Memphis Grizzlies vs. Cleveland Cavaliers February 2 Betting PreviewTyler Vaysman2 days ago
- Providence Friars vs. Xavier Musketeers February 1 Betting PreviewAyden Fahlstrom3 days ago
- Tulsa Golden Hurricane vs. Cincinnati Bearcats February 1 Betting PreviewBarry Devoe4 days ago