- Call 1-800-522-4700
Cincinnati Reds vs. Boston Red Sox Series Betting Preview
The Reds will end their home stand and go on the road to face the Boston Red Sox for a two game series at Fenway Park. This series will consist of two 7:10 pm EST games on Tuesday and Wednesday.
The Reds are coming off a series win against the San Francisco Giants this past weekend, winning two out of three games. They have now won four of their last five games including their series with the Giants and the back half of their series against the Chicago Cubs.
Cincinnati is now 13.5 games behind the first place Milwaukee Brewers. The Reds are in last place in the NL Central with a record of 16-31. The Red Sox are fourth in the AL East with a record of 23-25. They trail the New York Yankees by ten games.
Let’s look ahead at this quick two game interleague series between the Cincinnati Reds and Boston Red Sox.
Reds vs. Red Sox Odds
I expect the Reds to be the underdogs in this matchup on the road. Not only will the Red Sox be the home team, but they also hold the advantage on the better record. The Red Sox have won three out of their last five matchups and deserve to be the favorites in this series, but will that be the way that the series will go?
Expected Pitching Matchup
Luis Castillo is the expected starter for the Cincinnati Reds for Tuesday night’s matchup. He is posting a 4.35 ERA with a record of 1-2 and 18 strikeouts on the season where he has only pitched in four games due to a shoulder injury that sidelined Castillo for the first part of the season. He got his first win of the year in his last time out in the Red’s win against the Cubs where he pitched five innings, giving up two runs on four hits with six strikeouts.
There is no projected starter, as of now, for the Boston Red Sox for the Tuesday game. Boston pitching has been solid this season with an average ERA of 3.95(17th), 2.84 strikeouts per game(11th) and 7.68 hits per nine innings(10th). Boston will need a good outing out of their starter to counter the recent offensive success of the Reds’ offense.
Reds vs. Red Sox Betting Pick
I expect this to be another hard fought series. I like the way the Reds have been playing recently, and it is showing in their recent success. The Reds don’t do well on the road with a record of 7-19, but I like them to sneak the win in one of these two games against Boston.
It will depend heavily on who will be out on the mound for the Red Sox. The Red Sox have been playing well recently, too, winning seven of their last ten. This should prove to force a great matchup between these two hot streaking teams.
Share article on:
- Related Posts
- Cleveland Guardians: 3 Dream Free Agent SigningsGrant Puskar2 weeks ago
- Way Too Early Guardians Off-Season PredictionsCole Paganelli2 weeks ago
- Houston Astros vs. Philadelphia Phillies World Series Game 4 Betting PreviewBarry Devoe3 weeks ago
- Houston Astros vs. Philadelphia Phillies World Series Game 3 Betting PreviewRyan Knuppel1 month ago
- Philadelphia Phillies vs. Houston Astros World Series Game 1 Betting PreviewAyden Fahlstrom1 month ago
- Recent Posts
- Cleveland Cavaliers: Donovan Mitchell & Cavs Stay Red-Hot In Win Over Trail BlazersDrew Thirion20 hours ago
- Thanksgiving Thursday NFL Three Team TeaserCole Paganelli2 days ago
- No. 3 Michigan vs. No. 2 Ohio State "The Game" Betting PreviewRyan Knuppel2 days ago
- Louisville vs. Cincinnati Maui Invitational November 23 Betting PreviewGrant Puskar2 days ago
- Cincinnati Bengals vs. Tennessee Titans November 27 Betting PreviewSam Frohman4 days ago