Cincinnati Reds vs. Miami Marlins August 1 Betting Preview
The Cincinnati Reds will take on the Miami Marlins for the first of a three game series on Monday night at 6:40 p.m. in Miami.
The Reds are coming off a nice series win against the Baltimore Orioles this past weekend. The Marlins, on the other hand, were just swept by the New York Mets on the weekend.
The Marlins are solidified in fourth in the NL East, 17.5 games back from the leading Mets. I don’t think that they will drop to last place in the division with the Washington Nationals being 30 games behind first place. The Reds have monumentally pulled themselves out of last place in the division but still find themselves 16.5 games behind the Milwaukee Brewers in the NL Central.
The Marlins are 4-6 in their past games mostly due to them being swept by the Mets. With the Reds coming off of the series win, they are 6-4 in their past ten games. The overall records for the Marlins and the Reds are 47-55 and 40-61, respectively.
Let’s look ahead at this three game National League matchup between the Cincinnati Reds and the Miami Marlins starting Monday night.
Reds August 1 Betting Odds
The odds for this game are a Pick 'Em. The over/under total runs are set at 8.5. The Marlins have the better record and will be playing at home, but Cincinnati has been playing better recently and are looking to extend their hot streak.
These two teams played last week for a four game series in Cincinnati last week and the games were split two to two. The Reds won the first and third games by scores of 11-2 and 5-3, but the Marlins took games two and four by scores of 2-1 and 7-6. It would make sense for the Marlins to be considered the favorite in Monday’s game because of these outcomes.
You can practice betting on sports for free in Ohio right now with betJACK Training Camp!
Expected Pitching Matchup
The expected pitching matchup between the Reds and Marlins is undecided for Monday’s game. The Reds are expecting to start Hunter Greene for game one but the Marlins are TBD for who they will start. Greene is only 3-12 on the season with a 5.59 ERA and 119 strikeouts. The Marlins could be holding out on disclosing their starter or trying out a new pitcher in this contest.
Last time out, Greene pitched 6.1 quality innings against the Marlins, only giving up two runs. He picked up a loss despite limiting his damage while giving up nine hits and striking out six batters. He will hope to use his previous knowledge of the Marlins’ team to pick up the win for the Reds in game one.
I am rolling with the Reds in this series despite my expectation that the Marlins will be the favorites. Greene has struggled greatly this year, but I like the Reds to continue their hot streak against the Marlins and win two out of the three games in this matchups with the Marlins.
Share article on:
- Related Posts
- Best bet for NLCS Game 2: Diamondbacks vs. PhilliesGrant Puskar4 months ago
- Today in the MLB: Best Bets for July 14th, 2023Grant Puskar7 months ago
- Parlay All Day & Betting Guide: June 30, 2023Grant Puskar8 months ago
- Parlay All Day & Betting Guide: June 29, 2023Grant Puskar8 months ago
- Parlay All Day & Betting Guide: June 28, 2023Grant Puskar8 months ago
- Recent Posts
- How To: Same Game Parlays (2024)Alex Kaufman1 month ago
- The NFL's Top Paid QB's in 2023/24: How did their team do?Grant Puskar1 month ago
- Ohio Sports Betting Bill: 2023Kole Emplit2 months ago
- Browns WR's will play key role in offensive successMac Blank3 months ago
- Browns trade deadline inactivity means Deshaun Watson should return to form soonMac Blank4 months ago