- Call 1-800-GAMBLER
Cincinnati Reds vs. Milwaukee Brewers Betting Preview August 5
The Cincinnati Reds will travel to Milwaukee to take on the Brewers on Friday night at 8:10 pm EST after their off day on Thursday.
The Brewers will try to get back on track after getting swept by the Pittsburgh Pirates in three straight games. The Brewers are at the top of the NL Central but only a half a game ahead of the St. Louis Cardinals. The Reds are in fourth place with a half a game lead on the Cubs who are in last and a half game behind the Pirates in third.
Let’s look ahead at Friday nights’ matchup featuring the 57-48 Milwaukee Brewers and the 42-62 Cincinnati Reds.
August 5 Reds Betting Odds
You can practice bet on this Reds vs. Brewers matchup in Ohio for free using betJACK Training Camp!
With Milwaukee holding the home field advantage and the much better record, the Brewers hold the -1.5 advantage on the Reds runline. The Brewers are 14.5 games better than the Reds and have won 26 of 46 at home this season.
The total runs for this game is set at 8.5.
The Reds, on the other hand, have struggled on the road this season with their away record of 21-30 this season. They have won six out of their past ten games compared to the Brewers who have only won five in that same span.
Robert Dugger is expected to get his first start for Cincinnati after the Reds’ ace Luis Castillo was traded to the Mariners earlier this week. He has played in three games this season as a middle inning reliever where he has given up three runs in his first two appearances and none in his last appearance on July 7th against Pittsburgh. He has 17 strikeouts and only three walks on the season in his 11.3 innings pitched.
Left-hander Eric Lauer will oppose Dugger for the Brewers. He has a 3.75 ERA with 107 strikeouts and a record of 7-3. Hot got his seventh win in his last game where he gave up only one run in the five innings he pitched. He struck out four and walked three in that contest.
Reds vs. Brewers August 5 Betting Pick
I don’t love Cincinnati's chances in Friday’s game or this series even though they have been playing better baseball recently. You could argue that they have been playing better than the Brewers. With all that put aside, I find it hard to bet on a team with their pitcher getting his first start of the season.
I like the Brewers to win the first and third games of this series with the Reds stealing one away from the division leaders. If the Reds are able to pull off the series, on the other hand, they will be in great shape going into another hard series in New York against the Mets.
Share article on:
- Related Posts
- Cincinnati Reds: Will Their 2023 Be Any Better Than 2022?Tyler Vaysman1 month ago
- MLB: Two Winners And Two Losers Of Winter MeetingsRyan Knuppel1 month ago
- Cleveland Guardians: How Much Does Josh Bell Improve The Lineup?Cole Paganelli1 month ago
- Yes, Sean Murphy And Bo Naylor Can CoexistGrant Puskar2 months ago
- Cleveland Guardians: 3 Dream Free Agent SigningsGrant Puskar3 months ago
- Recent Posts
- Cleveland Cavaliers vs. Houston Rockets January 26 Betting PreviewAyden Fahlstrom20 hours ago
- Columbus Blue Jackets vs. Edmonton Oilers January 25 Betting PreviewRyan Knuppel2 days ago
- Cleveland Cavaliers vs. New York Knicks January 24 Betting PreviewCole Paganelli3 days ago
- betJACK Best Bets: NCAA Basketball January 24Jordan Knabb3 days ago
- The Browns Need Speed At Receiver To Take The Next StepMac Blank4 days ago