- Call 1-800-GAMBLER
Cincinnati Reds vs. Philadelphia Phillies August 22 Betting Odds & Analysis
The Cincinnati Reds will take on the Philadelphia Phillies starting Monday night at 7:05 pm EST in Philadelphia.
This will be the first of a four game series which will span from Monday night to Thursday night. These two teams met a week ago for a three game series in Cincinnati where the Phillies were able to win two out of three.
The Reds come into this series red hot after sweeping the Pittsburgh Pirates this past weekend. Pittsburgh is in last place in their division, but the sweep gives the Reds some breathing room as they cement themselves just ahead of the Pirates in fourth place in the NL Central. The Reds now hold a two game advantage on the Pirates in the divisional standings.
The Phillies have won one of their four games against the New York Mets with one game to play. They will be hoping to win game four to split the series coming into this next week against the Reds. The Phillies are in third in the NL East and eleven games back from first place.
Let’s look ahead at this Monday night matchup between the Cincinnati Reds and the Philadelphia Phillies.
August 22 Betting Odds
It should come as no surprise that Philadelphia will be the favorites in all three games in this series being that they are the better team and playing at home. Although the Reds are coming off a series sweep of a divisional opponent, the oddsmakers know that the Reds are playing for next year.
This allows for more young, inexperienced prospects to get their chance to prove themselves in the big leagues. Philadelphia is close, but not quite at that point in the season to be looking towards next season. As we approach September, the chances of the Phillies making a run to get into the playoffs will be less and less likely.
You can bet on Reds vs. Phillies in Ohio using your free tokens on betJACK!
Expected Pitching Matchup
Luis Cessa of the Cincinnati Reds is expected to take the mound to face Noah Syndergaard of the Phillies. Cessa is 3-1 this season with a 5.50 ERA and 28 strikeouts. Syndergaard is 7-8 with a 3.95 ERA and 76 strikeouts.
This will be Cessa’s first start of the season as he has been in the bullpen up to this point. With the Reds offloading Luis Castillo before the trade deadline, many young players are getting an opportunity to fill the role. He has held opponents hitless in his past two outings where he has pitched three innings walking one and striking out one.
Syndergaard notched his seventh win of the season against the Reds in his last outing where he went seven innings, giving up three runs on eight hits with six strikeouts. He will be looking to have the same success against the Reds again this time in Philadelphia.
Although I do like the young Reds team showing some resiliency with their leader, Joey Votto, out for the season with shoulder surgery, the Phillies are the obvious better team. I like the Phillies in this first game but could see either team win two out of three in this series. It will not be a Phillies sweep.
Share article on:
- Related Posts
- Early MLB Most Valuable Player CandidatesRyan Knuppel2 months ago
- 3 Keys To Another Cleveland Guardians Division TitleBarry Devoe2 months ago
- Cincinnati Reds: Will Their 2023 Be Any Better Than 2022?Tyler Vaysman3 months ago
- MLB: Two Winners And Two Losers Of Winter MeetingsRyan Knuppel3 months ago
- Cleveland Guardians: How Much Does Josh Bell Improve The Lineup?Cole Paganelli3 months ago
- Recent Posts
- Philadelphia 76ers vs. Cleveland Cavaliers March 15 Betting PreviewAyden Fahlstrom4 days ago
- Cleveland Cavaliers vs. Charlotte Hornets March 14 Betting PreviewRyan Knuppel1 week ago
- 2023 March Madness Betting PreviewTyler Vaysman1 week ago
- Cleveland Cavaliers vs. Charlotte Hornets March 12 Betting PreviewAyden Fahlstrom1 week ago
- It's Time To Unleash Deshaun WatsonMac Blank1 week ago