Cincinnati Reds vs. San Francisco Giants Betting Preview
The Cincinnati Reds will go on the road to face the San Francisco Giants after getting swept in their second straight series. The first pitch for Friday’s game is at 10:15 p.m.
The Reds look to turn around their luck as they have lost seven straight after getting swept by both divisional rivals Milwaukee Brewers and the Los Angeles Dodgers. Both series were at home.
The Giants have also struggled recently as they have lost four out of their last five games, including their most recent series loss to the Atlanta Braves.
They are within striking distance of first place in their division at 5.5 games back, but they still need to get past the San Diego Padres in second and the Dodgers, who are in first. The Dodgers’ sweep of the Reds did not help the Giants’ cause.
The Reds have now dropped to 15.5 games back of the first-place Brewers with a record of 23-46. They are still only 2.5 games behind the next worst team in the division, the Chicago Cubs, who are in fourth.
As the MLB Trade Deadline is right around the corner, let’s look ahead at this National League matchup between the Cincinnati Reds and the San Francisco Giants.
Reds vs. Giants Betting Odds
The Giants, as expected, are the 1.5 run favorite in game one, and I expect that to be the case for the whole series with the way the Reds have been playing as of late.
The Giants’ odds at that spread is +105. The Reds, at +1.5 runs, have odds of -125 to cover the spread. For the moneyline, the Reds have odds of +117 to win, and the Giants have odds of -192 to win.
For the total number of runs expected to be scored in the game, the line is set at eight total runs. The over is +100, and the under is -120.
You can bet on baseball in Ohio with betJACK Training Camp for FREE!
Expected Pitching Matchup
Graham Ashcraft is expected to take the mound for the Reds as he has done relatively well this year with a record of 3-1, ERA of 3.51, and 19 strikeouts. He picked up his first loss last weekend against the Brewers, where he only managed to pitch five innings after giving up six runs on eight hits and walking two.
Alex Cobb is the expected starter for the Giants. He is 3-2 on the year with a 5.62 ERA and 49 strikeouts. Coming off an injury, he only pitched four innings last weekend against the Pittsburgh Pirates, giving up two runs on four hits.
It tells a lot when Ashcraft is the better pitcher in this matchup, but the Giants are still favored. The game will be played on the west coast, which is also a big factor, but the way the Reds are playing even at home, it doesn’t matter.
The Reds are 11-23 on the road, and I don’t expect that to get much better as I’m expecting them to lose two out of three in this series.
Share article on:
- Related Posts
- Best bet for NLCS Game 2: Diamondbacks vs. PhilliesGrant Puskar4 months ago
- Today in the MLB: Best Bets for July 14th, 2023Grant Puskar7 months ago
- Parlay All Day & Betting Guide: June 30, 2023Grant Puskar8 months ago
- Parlay All Day & Betting Guide: June 29, 2023Grant Puskar8 months ago
- Parlay All Day & Betting Guide: June 28, 2023Grant Puskar8 months ago
- Recent Posts
- How To: Same Game Parlays (2024)Alex Kaufman1 month ago
- The NFL's Top Paid QB's in 2023/24: How did their team do?Grant Puskar1 month ago
- Ohio Sports Betting Bill: 2023Kole Emplit2 months ago
- Browns WR's will play key role in offensive successMac Blank3 months ago
- Browns trade deadline inactivity means Deshaun Watson should return to form soonMac Blank4 months ago