- Call 1-800-522-4700
Cincinnati Reds vs. St. Louis Cardinals August 29 Betting Odds & Analysis
The St. Louis Cardinals have been playing high-level baseball at the right time this season. They enter this three-game series against the Cincinnati Reds, having won a series against the defending World Series champions.
With a comfortable lead in the National League Central standings, the Cardinals will look to pad their division lead against a Reds team that is still in a battle to avoid last place in the division
Cardinals vs. Reds August 29 Betting Odds
Despite playing at home, the Reds (+180) are underdogs in tonight's matchup. They're +1.5 on the run line. The total runs for this matchup is set at over/under 9.5.
St. Louis Cardinals
Over the weekend, the St. Louis Cardinals made an important statement to bolster their NL Central title hopes. They took two out of three games in Atlanta against the Braves, winning the final two games of that series to take the advantage over the defending champions.
On Monday, the Cardinals look to keep their momentum rolling against a Reds team that they are ahead of by 23 games in the division standings.
Miles MIkolas is set to start this game for the Cardinals as he looks to get above .500 on the 2022 season. Mikolas is an even 10-10 on the season, with a 3.35 ERA and an impressive WHIP of 1.02.
While the wins have not reliably been there for Mikolas this season, he has done a nice job of limiting the amount of traffic on the bases during his starts and will need to continue to do so to avoid an upset loss to Cincinnati.
Cincinnati took two out of three against the Nationals over the weekend, taking the first two games before dropping the series finale on Sunday. Their offense produced 13 runs in the first two games against the Nationals, and that offense will be necessary against an explosive Cardinals squad.
Chase Anderson is going to get the start for the Reds in this game, in his first game since August of 2021. Anderson went 2-4 with a 6.75 ERA last season for the Philadelphia Phillies.
How he performs after a long period of time away from the Major League level is a big question mark for the Reds coming into this game, though Anderson is worth a try given their spot in the standings with September on the horizon.
Keys to the Game
For the Cardinals, the biggest key to this game is to not take this game for granted. With a huge lead over the Reds in the division and the Reds starting a pitcher that has not pitched at this level in a year, it could be easy to assume that this game will go St. Louis’ way.
But they will still need to focus on executing at the plate and defensively to avoid an embarrassing loss on Monday night.
On the Reds side, run support for Anderson is going to be vital in this contest. Cincinnati has no idea what they are going to get from their starting pitching in this game. That will make it all the more important for the Reds to put some runs on the board early to allow Anderson to settle into a comfort zone.
Share article on:
- Related Posts
- Yes, Sean Murphy And Bo Naylor Can CoexistGrant Puskar4 days ago
- Cleveland Guardians: 3 Dream Free Agent SigningsGrant Puskar1 month ago
- Way Too Early Guardians Off-Season PredictionsCole Paganelli1 month ago
- Houston Astros vs. Philadelphia Phillies World Series Game 4 Betting PreviewBarry Devoe1 month ago
- Houston Astros vs. Philadelphia Phillies World Series Game 3 Betting PreviewRyan Knuppel1 month ago
- Recent Posts
- The NFL Should Be Cool For Once & Not Fine Ezekiel Elliott For Jumping Into KettleNick Pedone6 hours ago
- Three Potential Cavs Trade TargetsTyler Vaysman7 hours ago
- New Orleans Saints vs. Tampa Bay Buccaneers Monday Night Football Betting PreviewRyan Knuppel8 hours ago
- Indianapolis Colts vs. Dallas Cowboys Sunday Night Football Betting PreviewTyler Vaysman3 days ago
- Cleveland Browns vs. Houston Texans December 4 Prop Betting PreviewAyden Fahlstrom3 days ago