- Call 1-800-522-4700
Cincinnati Reds vs. Washington Nationals August 26 Betting Odds
The Cincinnati Reds will travel to Washington DC to take on the Nationals for a quick three-game weekend series. The Reds are coming off losing a four-game sweep to the Phillies in Philadelphia after sweeping the Pittsburgh Pirates the series before.
The Nationals had a quick two-game series against the Seattle Mariners, where they split the games one to one. The Mariners took the first game 4-2, and the National got the best of them in the second by a score of 3-1.
The first game of the series between the Reds and the Nationals will be played at 7:05 p.m., followed by another 7:05 pm EST start time in game two and an afternoon 1:35 pm EST matchup to close out the series on Sunday. The Nationals are 4-6 in their last ten games, and the Reds are 3-7 in that same span.
Let’s look ahead to this National League matchup between the Cincinnati Reds and the Washington Nationals.
Reds vs. Nationals August 26 Odds
The home team Washington Nationals are the 1.5-run favorites against the Reds in game one with odds of +155 to win the game at that spread. The Reds, at +1.5, have odds of -180 to cover. The over/under for total runs scored in the game is set at 8.5 with odds of -120 and +100 to bet the over and under, respectively.
To win the game outright, the Reds have odds of +115, and the Nationals have odds of -135. The two teams have comparable records, with the Reds having a 48-75 record and the Nationals having a 42-83 record. The Reds are 22-39 on the road, and Washington is 19-44 at home.
Expected Pitching Matchup
Mike Minor is expected to start for the Reds in game one of this series. He is only 2-10 on the season with a 6.44 ERA and 59 strikeouts. He picked up his second win of the season last weekend, where he went 5.2 innings, giving up five runs on nine hits and only striking out one batter.
Cade Cavalli will oppose Mike Minor for the Nationals in his major league debut. He was 6-4 in triple-A with a 3.71 ER and 104 strikeouts. Washington is looking to give the 24-year-old his chance to prove himself as they are hanging out at the bottom of the NL East.
Reds Betting Pick August 26
The Reds did not look great against the Phillies in their last series, and both of these teams will not have much to play for as the Reds sit close to the Phillies in fourth in the NL Central. Because Washington is starting a young prospect for his MLB debut, I am rocking with the Reds to win game one and to win two out of three games in this series.
Washington will be able to steal one on their home field, but their home record of 19-44 explains their lacking ability to protect their home field.
Share article on:
- Related Posts
- Yes, Sean Murphy And Bo Naylor Can CoexistGrant Puskar1 week ago
- Cleveland Guardians: 3 Dream Free Agent SigningsGrant Puskar1 month ago
- Way Too Early Guardians Off-Season PredictionsCole Paganelli1 month ago
- Houston Astros vs. Philadelphia Phillies World Series Game 4 Betting PreviewBarry Devoe1 month ago
- Houston Astros vs. Philadelphia Phillies World Series Game 3 Betting PreviewRyan Knuppel1 month ago
- Recent Posts
- Rutgers Scarlet Knights vs. No. 25 Ohio State Buckeyes December 8 Betting PreviewAyden Fahlstrom15 hours ago
- Cleveland Browns vs. Cincinnati Bengals December 11 Betting PreviewRyan Knuppel19 hours ago
- Las Vegas Raiders vs. Los Angeles Rams Thursday Night Football Betting PreviewAyden Fahlstrom1 day ago
- The Quick Rise And Disastrous Fall Of Baker MayfieldGrant Puskar1 day ago
- Current NHL Standings & Updated OddsTyler Vaysman3 days ago