- Call 1-800-GAMBLER
Cleveland Browns at Minnesota Vikings Betting Preview
The Cleveland Browns hit the road in Week 4 to face the Vikings up in Minnesota. Playing on the road in the NFL is never an easy task, but especially against a team that is desperate to start to turn things around.
Cleveland has gotten off to a 2-1 start to the year, and they could easily be 3-0 if it weren't for some late heroics by the Kansas City Chiefs. The Browns dominated the Chicago Bears in Week 3, and they will look to do the same to another NFC North team.
Minnesota got its first win of the season in Week 3 after they took complete control in a matchup against the Seattle Seahawks. The Vikings suffered two close losses to begin the season, but they could easily be better than their 1-2 record suggests.
The Browns are two-point favorites over the Vikings in this Week 4 showdown in Minnesota.
Defense Dominating For Browns
The defense of the Browns was expected to be one of the best units in the league this season, and that has been the case through three games. Cleveland is allowing 20 points per game, but that doesn't tell the whole story.
Myles Garrett and company picked up nine sacks in the Week 3 win over the Chicago Bears, and they completely dominated that game. Minnesota has shown a tendency to give up some sacks, and this should be another game for the defensive front for the Browns.
Nick Chubb and Kareem Hunt have helped the Browns average 174 rushing yards per game in 2021, and the Browns will continue to ride their two running backs. Baker Mayfield has played well enough for this team, but he could still turn up his play as the season moves along.
Vikings Want to Throw
Minnesota averages close to 310 passing yards per game, and they will allow quarterback Kirk Cousins to throw it a ton in this one. If Cousins is able to get some protection, then he could make things difficult on the secondary of the Browns.
Running back Dalvin Cook only has 192 rushing yards this season, but he is a player that can put up some impressive numbers. Minnesota needs to find some balance on offense if they are going to challenge the Browns' defense.
Tough Road Environment
There is a reason that the Browns are the betting favorites in this matchup, but winning on the road in Minnesota is not going to be an easy task. The Vikings have not gotten off to a good start in 2021, but this is still one of the more talented teams in the league.
The defense must take over this game on Sunday afternoon if the Browns are going to move to 3-1 on the year. That unit is going to be tested in a number of ways, but getting pressure on Kirk Cousins could be the key.
This is a game that the Browns should win, but they are going to have to play well to get the job done.
Share article on:
- Related Posts
- The Browns Need Speed At Receiver To Take The Next StepMac Blank2 weeks ago
- Cincinnati Bengals vs. Buffalo Bills AFC Divisional Round Betting PreviewTyler Vaysman2 weeks ago
- Jacksonville Jaguars vs. Kansas City Chiefs AFC Divisional Round Betting PreviewRyan Knuppel2 weeks ago
- Baltimore Ravens vs. Cincinnati Bengals Wild Card Betting PreviewBarry Devoe3 weeks ago
- NFL Best Bets: Wild Card WeekendRyan Knuppel3 weeks ago
- Recent Posts
- Wisconsin Badgers vs. Ohio State Buckeyes February 2 Betting PreviewRyan Knuppel1 day ago
- Memphis Grizzlies vs. Cleveland Cavaliers February 2 Betting PreviewTyler Vaysman1 day ago
- Providence Friars vs. Xavier Musketeers February 1 Betting PreviewAyden Fahlstrom2 days ago
- Tulsa Golden Hurricane vs. Cincinnati Bearcats February 1 Betting PreviewBarry Devoe2 days ago
- Washington Capitals vs. Columbus Blue Jackets January 31 Betting PreviewCole Paganelli3 days ago