Cleveland Cavaliers vs Boston Celtics Betting Preview
The Cleveland Cavaliers are currently 19-12, as they’re heading into play on a six-game winning streak.
The Boston Celtics, on the other hand, are 15-16, as they’re coming off a loss to the Philadelphia 76ers.
Betting Odds & Lines
The spread for Saturday night is set at BOS -5.5. The over/under is sitting at 211 points. The BOS moneyline is -250, whereas the CLE moneyline is +210.
🏀 Lock in your Cleveland Cavaliers vs Boston Celtics picks for your chance at a $50 VISA Gift Card! Click HERE to enter! 🏀
Cavs Coming Off Blowout Win Over the Bucks
The Cavs are coming off a huge blowout victory over the Milwaukee Bucks on Saturday night, as five players finished with at least 14 points on the night.
It’s worth noting that the Bucks were without Giannis Antetokounmpo and Khris Middleton, but beating the defending champions by nearly 30 points in their own building still has to feel good for this crew.
Cedi Osman stepped up for Isaac Okoro, as he had 23 points, five rebounds, and four assists.
Ricky Rubio also provided a nice veteran presence in that game, finishing with 15 points and ten assists.
Darius Garland strengthened his case to make the All-Star Game, as he put up 22 points and six assists.
Kevin Love’s Performance Impresses Coach
Kevin Love put up 15 points, seven rebounds, and four assists over the Bucks, and during the Cavs’ six-game winning streak, he’s averaging 15.5 points and 7.3 rebounds per game.
“The fact that he’s accepted that role and accepted just the fact of trying to help this team win, when you do things like that, I honestly believe that when you put out that positive energy, it’s going to come back to you,” J.B. Bickerstaff said. “I think that’s what we’re seeing with Kevin Love.”
Many people didn’t think Love would stay on the Cavs past this season, but he’s found new life serving as their veteran leader.
Jayson Tatum Coming in Hot
Although Jayson Tatum put up just 17 points on 5-of-14 shooting in his last game against the Philadelphia 76ers, he was averaging 30.6 points per game in the nine games prior.
Tatum is a threat to score in a multitude of ways. He can post you up, shoot out on the wings or drive to the basket.
He is the most recent Eastern Conference Player of the Week, after all, so his performance against the Sixers is more of a one-off than anything else.
The line favors the Celtics pretty heavily. However, the Cavs have just been the much better team recently, whereas the Celtics have struggled to gain any sort of consistent rhythm through their first 31 games.
It’s worth noting that Cleveland’s schedule has been weak recently, but still no reason to completely write off the success they’ve been having.
They have two guys who can legitimately make the All-Star Game in Jarrett Allen and Garland, and a lot of depth that opposing teams wish they had.
Expect the Cavs to handle the Celtics with ease in this game and win their seventh straight game.
Share article on:
- Related Posts
- NBA Free Agency: What We Know And What Is ComingIan Jameson7 months ago
- 2023 NBA Draft Highlights: Spurs take generational talent, Cavs grab projectIan Jameson8 months ago
- 2023 NBA Finals In Review: How The Nuggets Made HistoryIan Jameson8 months ago
- Parlay All Day & Betting Guide: June 12th, 2023Grant Puskar8 months ago
- Parlay All Day & Betting Guide: June 9, 2023Grant Puskar8 months ago
- Recent Posts
- How To: Same Game Parlays (2024)Alex Kaufman1 month ago
- The NFL's Top Paid QB's in 2023/24: How did their team do?Grant Puskar1 month ago
- Ohio Sports Betting Bill: 2023Kole Emplit2 months ago
- Browns WR's will play key role in offensive successMac Blank3 months ago
- Browns trade deadline inactivity means Deshaun Watson should return to form soonMac Blank4 months ago