Cleveland Cavaliers vs Detroit Pistons Betting Preview
The 7-5 Cavs will be playing host to the Detroit Pistons, who come in after winning just their second game of the season. They were able to come away victorious against Houston and may be carrying a little bit of momentum into it. Though, they will be without Kelly Olynyk for the long term after he got hurt in the team’s last contest.
Cleveland has been a tough out for so many clubs this year, and though Collin Sexton will miss at least a month, there is no reason they cannot keep up their impressive beginning to the year. They can share the ball as well as any team and have plenty of guys who can make plays enough times for them to keep things competitive. Isaac Okoro staying healthy was a major key.
On the other end, Cade Cunningham has started to understand the game, playing basketball at his best since he first got healthy and started taking the court. He is going to be one heck of a player, though he has not been able to use his long frame to his advantage yet. His passing ability has been on display, and it is only a matter of time before his assists start to ratchet up.
A lot of young guys will take the floor for this game, and it is important to note that the Cavs lost back-to-back games the last time they came off a win streak.
The spread for Friday night is set at CLE -5.5.
🏀 Lock in your FREE Cleveland Cavaliers vs. Detroit Pistons picks tonight for your chance at a $50 Visa Gift Card! Click here to enter! 🏀
Detroit Seeking First Winning Streak
All the Pistons did last season was lose games. There is some talent here, though it is a lot of luck when they win sometimes, based on how things have been going. Isaiah Stewart is off to a bit of a slow start, but he is ready to turn things on with Kelly O not being in the lineup now. Perhaps even a chance for Luka Garza.
With Josh Jackson, they have a talented guy who had been written off multiple times before. Jerami Grant has been very up and down, but they have gotten a lot out of Saddiq Bey to this point in the season.
There is some optimism for the future, and better days are ahead.
Cavs Aiming for Eighth Win
At 7-5, the Cavs have already been through so much this year. Darius Garland got hurt early in the year and missed a few games. Isaac Okoro had to miss seven of them, and Collin Sexton is expected to miss at least a month now. This is on top of Kevin Love and Lauri Markkanen not being out there.
The keys to winning for them lie within their two big men. Evan Mobley has been playing very good basketball, while Jarrett Allen is able to dominate inside. The two of them are playing off one another very impressively and holds all the keys to unlocking the team’s potential.
And the Winner Is…
The Cavs will get it done at home and improve to 8-5 along the way. They’ll cover as 5.5-point favorites.
Share article on:
- Related Posts
- NBA Free Agency: What We Know And What Is ComingIan Jameson2 months ago
- 2023 NBA Draft Highlights: Spurs take generational talent, Cavs grab projectIan Jameson3 months ago
- 2023 NBA Finals In Review: How The Nuggets Made HistoryIan Jameson3 months ago
- Parlay All Day & Betting Guide: June 12th, 2023Grant Puskar3 months ago
- Parlay All Day & Betting Guide: June 9, 2023Grant Puskar3 months ago
- Recent Posts
- Breathe, Cleveland. Concern is valid, but don't give up yet.Grant Puskar1 day ago
- Ohio State at Notre Dame: Betting Odds and TrendsGrant Puskar4 days ago
- Cleveland Browns at Pittsburgh Steelers: Betting Odds and TrendsGrant Puskar5 days ago
- Is this the most important Browns opener......ever?Mac Blank2 weeks ago
- Two UDFA's that should make Browns 53-man rosterMac Blank3 weeks ago