Cleveland Cavaliers vs Indiana Pacers Betting Preview
The Cleveland Cavaliers are currently 20-16 but have dropped two straight games. The Indiana Pacers, on the other hand, are 14-22 and have lost three straight games.
Betting Odds & Lines
The spread for Sunday night is set at CLE -3.5. The over/under is sitting at 215.5 points.
Kevin Love Finished 2021 With a Bang
Kevin Love went off for 35 points, 11 rebounds, and four assists in the Cavs’ loss to the Atlanta Hawks to close out 2021.
He shot 7-of-14 from three and converted eight of his ten free throw attempts.
Love only put up single digits in scoring just once in the month of December, averaging nearly 18 points per game on about 50 percent shooting from the field.
When Love gets hot, he is very hard to stop, and that is a huge reason why the Cavs are much better this season than was expected out of them.
The Cavs could’ve bought him out and eaten some of his salary or traded him for pennies on the dollar, but it’s good to see that they were instead able to work something out and keep him in the fold.
Jarrett Allen Looks Good in Return
Jarrett Allen was out for four straight games after being placed into the health and safety protocols but looked great in his return to the floor.
Allen put up 21 points on 9-of-11 shooting to go along with eight rebounds and three blocks.
On both sides of the floor, Allen has been huge for Cleveland all season long, as he’s averaging nearly 17 points per game on over 70 percent shooting from the floor while providing excellent rim protection. That is not an easy thing to do.
It wouldn’t be a shocker to see “The Fro” make the All-Star Game this season.
Caris LeVert Finding Groove
Caris LeVert quietly had a huge month of December, as he averaged 21.6 points and 5.3 assists per game in the month.
He’s coming off a 27 point performance in the Pacers’ close loss to the Chicago Bulls on Friday, but he’s proving capable of getting to his spots in the mid-range and at the rim once again.
LeVert has been rumored to be a Cavs target at the deadline, and with season-ending losses to both Collin Sexton and Ricky Rubio, LeVert would be a great fit for a team with playoff aspirations.
The Cavs have been struggling recently due to injuries to several of their players, but this should be a good opportunity for them to get back on track, as they’re going up against a team that seems directionless and ready to deal their best players at the deadline.
Domantas Sabonis is also capable of putting up a big performance to give Indiana a fighting chance in this one, but with the depth Cleveland has, they should be able to withstand big performances from Sabonis and LeVert.
Expect the Cavs to win this game and cover the spread.
Share article on:
- Related Posts
- NBA Free Agency: What We Know And What Is ComingIan Jameson7 months ago
- 2023 NBA Draft Highlights: Spurs take generational talent, Cavs grab projectIan Jameson8 months ago
- 2023 NBA Finals In Review: How The Nuggets Made HistoryIan Jameson9 months ago
- Parlay All Day & Betting Guide: June 12th, 2023Grant Puskar9 months ago
- Parlay All Day & Betting Guide: June 9, 2023Grant Puskar9 months ago
- Recent Posts
- How To: Same Game Parlays (2024)Alex Kaufman1 month ago
- The NFL's Top Paid QB's in 2023/24: How did their team do?Grant Puskar2 months ago
- Ohio Sports Betting Bill: 2023Kole Emplit2 months ago
- Browns WR's will play key role in offensive successMac Blank4 months ago
- Browns trade deadline inactivity means Deshaun Watson should return to form soonMac Blank4 months ago