Cleveland Cavaliers vs Sacramento Kings Betting Preview
The Cleveland Cavaliers are currently 22-18, as they’re coming off a loss to the Golden State Warriors last night.
The Sacramento Kings, on the other hand, are 16-26 and have lost four straight games.
This should be a fun one!
Betting Odds & Lines
The spread for Sunday night is set at CLE -6. The over/under is sitting at 219.5 points.
🏀 Lock in your Cleveland Cavaliers versus Sacramento Kings picks for your chance at a $50 VISA gift card! Click here to enter! 🏀
Jarrett Allen Bright Spot in Loss
Jarrett Allen was up to his usual tricks in the Cavs’ loss to the Warriors, as he put up 12 points on 5-of-7 shooting, seven rebounds, and two blocks.
In his last five games, Allen is averaging 17.2 points on 72.0 percent shooting, 10.2 rebounds, and 2.0 blocks per game.
Allen was the least of Cleveland’s problems in their loss to Golden State, as he was effective in the small number of attempts he had.
What Went Wrong in Loss to Warriors?
There was a lot that went wrong in the Cavs' loss, but something that really went wrong for them last night was the play of Darius Garland, as he only managed nine points and four assists.
As the primary playmaker, you are responsible for getting all of your teammates involved, even if your shot isn’t falling. Four assists aren’t going to cut it if it’s your responsibility to help create good shots for your teammates, especially when you just put up nine points.
Rajon Rondo came off the bench and helped carry the load a little bit at the point guard position, as he supplied 15 points and five assists.
Evan Mobley put up just 11 points and six rebounds. In a winning effort, those numbers would’ve been acceptable, but he was just shut down and couldn’t use this game as an opportunity to step up.
Lamar Stevens at least made the most of his opportunities, putting up 17 points on 8-of-11 shooting.
Watch Out For De’Aaron Fox
De’Aaron Fox has been on a tear over his last five games, as he’s averaging 25.6 points on 49.5 percent shooting and 5.0 assists during that span.
He has been struggling from behind the arc, but he’s been able to get to the rim with his blazing speed and convert looks there at a high rate, as well as effectively using his pull-up jumper.
He only put up 14 points in his last game, but with his blazing speed and craftiness, the Cavs better be aware of him and game plan properly.
Look, it’s not easy to beat the Warriors, especially in their own building with the return of Klay Thompson.
If there was a night for the Cavs young core to look off, that was their night to do it.
However, now that they’re going up against a significantly worse Kings team, they’re going to need to get back to their good habits that have led to the strong start to this season.
Expect the Cavs to do just that and cover the spread in the process.
Share article on:
- Related Posts
- NBA Free Agency: What We Know And What Is ComingIan Jameson7 months ago
- 2023 NBA Draft Highlights: Spurs take generational talent, Cavs grab projectIan Jameson8 months ago
- 2023 NBA Finals In Review: How The Nuggets Made HistoryIan Jameson8 months ago
- Parlay All Day & Betting Guide: June 12th, 2023Grant Puskar8 months ago
- Parlay All Day & Betting Guide: June 9, 2023Grant Puskar8 months ago
- Recent Posts
- How To: Same Game Parlays (2024)Alex Kaufman1 month ago
- The NFL's Top Paid QB's in 2023/24: How did their team do?Grant Puskar1 month ago
- Ohio Sports Betting Bill: 2023Kole Emplit2 months ago
- Browns WR's will play key role in offensive successMac Blank3 months ago
- Browns trade deadline inactivity means Deshaun Watson should return to form soonMac Blank4 months ago