Cleveland Cavaliers vs Utah Jazz Betting Preview
The Cleveland Cavaliers are currently 23-18, as they’re coming off a victory over the Sacramento Kings. The Utah Jazz, on the other hand, are 28-13 but have lost three straight games. This should be a fun one!
Betting Odds & Lines
The spread for Sunday night is set at UTA -6.5. The over/under is sitting at 221.5 points.
🏀 Lock in your Cleveland Cavaliers vs Utah Jazz picks for your chance at a $50 VISA Gift Card! Click here to enter! 🏀
Jarrett Allen Coming Off Huge Performance
Jarrett Allen is coming off an 18 point, 17 rebound, and two-block performance over the Cavs’ recent win over the Kings, as he went 8-of-14 shooting from the floor.
In his last six games, Allen is averaging 17.3 points, 11.3 rebounds, and 2.0 blocks per game, continuing to establish himself as one of the premier young centers on both ends of the floor.
Evan Mobley Looking Sharp
Evan Mobley had 17 points on 8-of-14 shooting to go along with seven rebounds and five assists his last time out, looking sharp in the post and with his mid-range jumper.
Mobley is as athletic as they come at the power forward position with his ability to get to the rim with or without the ball in his hands, catch lobs or use his footwork to get past defenders.
The Cavs have themselves a great building block for the future.
Darius Garland Had Big Playmaking Night
Darius Garland struggled to manage the flow of the Cavs’ offense in their loss to the Golden State Warriors Sunday night, but he completely flipped the script on Monday as he dished out 11 assists.
Three of those assists went to Mobley and Lauri Markkanen apiece, as he found them in the mid-range and post for them to do significant damage.
Garland also put up 12 points.
When Garland gets others involved, good things happen for Cleveland.
Donovan Mitchell Coming in Hot
The Jazz have been struggling mightily recently, but it’s to no fault of Donovan Mitchell, as the young superstar is averaging 33.5 points on 46.2 percent shooting to go along with 6.5 assists and 1.5 steals over his last two games.
Mitchell has been locked in from deep but is also finding success in both his pull-up mid-range jumper and getting to the rim.
When Spida gets hot, good things usually happen for Utah, but their defense has taken a significant hit with Rudy Gobert being out of the lineup in each of their last four games, which all ended up being losses.
The Jazz haven’t looked sharp lately defensively, but at some point, they’re bound to get back on track.
Cleveland has seen some growing pains recently, losing to the Warriors and just barely beating one of the league’s worst teams in the Kings their last time out, as they edged them out by just one point.
Given that the Cavs are facing growing pains, it wouldn’t be a surprise to see them lose.
However, the Jazz’s recent performance does nothing to suggest that they’ll cover the spread, so go with CLE +6.5 regardless of who wins.
Share article on:
- Related Posts
- NBA Free Agency: What We Know And What Is ComingIan Jameson7 months ago
- 2023 NBA Draft Highlights: Spurs take generational talent, Cavs grab projectIan Jameson8 months ago
- 2023 NBA Finals In Review: How The Nuggets Made HistoryIan Jameson9 months ago
- Parlay All Day & Betting Guide: June 12th, 2023Grant Puskar9 months ago
- Parlay All Day & Betting Guide: June 9, 2023Grant Puskar9 months ago
- Recent Posts
- How To: Same Game Parlays (2024)Alex Kaufman1 month ago
- The NFL's Top Paid QB's in 2023/24: How did their team do?Grant Puskar1 month ago
- Ohio Sports Betting Bill: 2023Kole Emplit2 months ago
- Browns WR's will play key role in offensive successMac Blank4 months ago
- Browns trade deadline inactivity means Deshaun Watson should return to form soonMac Blank4 months ago