- Call 1-800-522-4700
Colorado Rockies vs. St. Louis Cardinals August 18 Prop Bets & Picks
When the Colorado Rockies and St. Louis Cardinals face off on Thursday afternoon, the Cardinals will look to extend a three-game win streak while the Rockies will look to end a four-game losing streak.
But the Cardinals enjoy an advantage on the mound coming into this contest, which could have an impact on the prop markets. Here, we look at the top prop bets that bettors should consider ahead of this series finale between the Rockies and Cardinals.
Cardinals First 5 Innings Over 2.5 Runs (-110)
The Cardinals are holding onto a three-game lead over the Milwaukee Brewers in the National League Central standings going into Thursday’s action. With everything still to play for this season, the Cardinals will approach this game with a sense of urgency and will look for a fast start against the inferior Rockies.
With a favorable matchup against the starting pitcher of Colorado, it is worth taking a look at the Cardinals to score three or more runs through five innings.
St. Louis faces Rockies starter Antonio Senzatela in this game, who is 0-4 on the road this season with an ERA of 5.50 in his road starts. He has allowed three or more earned runs in six of his last seven starts, including two of his three starts against the Arizona Diamondbacks since the beginning of July.
Against a potent Cardinals lineup, Senzatela’s struggles could mean early runs for the Cardinals.
Nolan Arenado Home Run (+370)
Along those lines, it is worth taking a shot at Nolan Arenado to hit a home run in this game at +370. Arenado ranks in the top-15 in Major League Baseball in home runs this season, having belted 25 home runs thus far. Against a pitcher in Senzatela, who has allowed nine home runs in just over 90 innings of work this year, Arenado has a perfectly good chance to belt one at a nice plus price.
In five meetings with the Rockies this season, Arenado has hit safely in every single one. He has five extra base hits in those five games, including two home runs during their series in the second week of August.
He has shown the ability to get a hold of the ball against the Rockies already this year, and it would not be surprising at all to see Arenado do it again on Thursday.
C.J. Cron Under 0.5 Hits (+150)
In terms of prop bets for Rockies players going into this game, it is worth taking a look at C.J. Cron to fail to get a hit in this contest. Cron has cooled off a bit in the month of August, batting just .242 since the beginning of the month. His batting average has dropped seven points this month, going from .280 to .273 as a result of his struggles.
The Rockies lineup has to deal with Adam Wainwright in the early stages of this game, which will make it harder than usual for Cron to pick up a hit. With Cron batting .250 against the Cardinals this season, lower than his full-season average, expect Cron to struggle again in this National League matchup.
Share article on:
- Related Posts
- Cleveland Guardians: 3 Dream Free Agent SigningsGrant Puskar2 weeks ago
- Way Too Early Guardians Off-Season PredictionsCole Paganelli2 weeks ago
- Houston Astros vs. Philadelphia Phillies World Series Game 4 Betting PreviewBarry Devoe3 weeks ago
- Houston Astros vs. Philadelphia Phillies World Series Game 3 Betting PreviewRyan Knuppel1 month ago
- Philadelphia Phillies vs. Houston Astros World Series Game 1 Betting PreviewAyden Fahlstrom1 month ago
- Recent Posts
- Cleveland Cavaliers: Donovan Mitchell & Cavs Stay Red-Hot In Win Over Trail BlazersDrew Thirion19 hours ago
- Thanksgiving Thursday NFL Three Team TeaserCole Paganelli2 days ago
- No. 3 Michigan vs. No. 2 Ohio State "The Game" Betting PreviewRyan Knuppel2 days ago
- Louisville vs. Cincinnati Maui Invitational November 23 Betting PreviewGrant Puskar2 days ago
- Cincinnati Bengals vs. Tennessee Titans November 27 Betting PreviewSam Frohman4 days ago