- Call 1-800-522-4700
Charlotte FC vs. Columbus Crew October 5 Betting Preview
Charlotte FC will host the Columbus Crew at the Bank of America Stadium in a vital midweek MLS fixture. The original game back in August was called off after 16 minutes due to bad weather. This is a huge fixture for the pair, as both can still reach the playoffs in the Eastern Conference.
Charlotte’s playoff dreams are hanging by a thread, as Christian Lattanzio’s troops are four points adrift with two games to play. Right now, Orlando City, Inter Miami, and Columbus are all on 45 points apiece. Miami and Orlando, who currently occupy the final two spots, square off in midweek action.
Inconsistency has been a real issue for the Crown this season. Overall, the North Carolina outfit have picked up 13 wins, suffered 17 losses and have drawn two of their 32 league matchups. Realistically, they have to win their last two to stand any chance of claiming a top-seven finish in the Eastern Conference.
Charlotte have kept their slim playoff hopes alive with a trio of wins in recent weeks. After three defeats on the spin, Lattanzio’s side has bounced back with victories over New York City, Chicago Fire, and Philadelphia Union. In the last one, they hammered Union 4-0. Can they take it to the final day by beating Columbus tonight?
The Columbus Crew are currently level on points with Inter Miami and Orlando City in the race for a playoff berth. With those two also facing each other in midweek, three points for Caleb Porter’s side would be massive in this one.
Columbus have only mustered up ten MLS wins this season. Right now, only Eastern Conference leaders Philadelphia have suffered fewer defeats, as the Crew have only been beaten seven times in 32 league fixtures in 2022.
Columbus has struggled for wins of late, picking up just one from their last nine matches, although six of those have ended in draws. On a more positive note; only Montreal and Inter Miami have beaten the Crew since May. They face a trip to Exploria Stadium to take on Orlando on the final day, so securing a playoff spot is well and truly in their own hands.
This rescheduled game in North Carolina has all the makings of being a memorable one. As the teams desperately hunt down a playoff spot, both will no doubt be going all out for the win at the Bank of California Stadium.
Charlotte can kiss goodbye to the playoffs if they fail to beat Columbus on home soil, while a draw would not be a bad result for the away team. These two played out a 1-1 draw in Ohio when they locked horns at Lower.com Field back in June, and we could see a similar outcome in this one.
Share article on:
- Related Posts
- Columbus Crew & FC Cincinnati Playoff Picture OddsTyler Vaysman2 months ago
- Charlotte FC vs. Columbus Crew October 5 Betting PreviewTyler Vaysman2 months ago
- New York Red Bulls vs. Columbus Crew October 1 Betting PreviewTyler Vaysman2 months ago
- Columbus Crew vs. Inter Miami CF September 13 Betting Odds And AnalysisTyler Vaysman2 months ago
- Columbus Crew vs. FC Cincinnati MLS Best Prop BetsBarry Devoe3 months ago
- Recent Posts
- Green Bay Packers vs. Philadelphia Eagles Sunday Night Football Betting PreviewCole Paganelli2 days ago
- Cleveland Cavaliers vs. Detroit Pistons November 27 Betting PreviewBarry Devoe6 hours ago
- betJACK Best Bets: NFL Week 12Barry Devoe3 days ago
- Tampa Bay Buccaneers vs. Cleveland Browns Best Prop Bets November 27Ayden Fahlstrom2 days ago
- Cincinnati Bengals vs. Tennessee Titans Best Prop Bets November 27Barry Devoe5 days ago