Field of Dreams Game Chicago Cubs vs. Cincinnati Reds Best Prop Bets
The Chicago Cubs and Cincinnati Reds are set to square off in Major League Baseball’s annual Field of Dreams Game on Thursday night.
In addition to the excitement that this game will bring due to the novelty of it all, there is plenty of action to be had in the prop markets for this contest as well. Here, we look at the three best prop bets to consider adding to your card going into the Field of Dreams Game.
Run In First Inning (-08)
One of the more popular betting markets that are available in baseball betting these days has been the No Run First Inning bet. This wager typically relies on both teams hanging zeroes on the board after an inning of play. However, we are going to go the other way in this game, as we expect for there to be at least one run to be scored in the first inning between the Cubs and Reds.
Along with the fact that there is going to be the top of both orders at the plate to start this game, the pitchers may have a harder time than usual getting locked in in the first inning. The atmosphere surrounding this game, and the fact that it is being played in a literal cornfield, could make it even harder than usual for pitchers to get settled. That could mean walks and missed location on pitches that could lead to hard hit balls and some runs to start things off.
Drew Smyly Over 2.5 Earned Runs Allowed (-115)
In a similar vein, we expect Drew Smyly of the Cubs to give up some runs in this game and to go over his earned runs allowed total. Smyly has had a pretty middling season for the Cubs, going 4-6 and posting an ERA of 3.97 in 2022. But it is his tendency to allow home runs that makes him worth targeting on the over in this spot.
So far this season, Smyly has allowed 11 home runs for the Cubs in just over 65 innings on the mound. In a park where home runs were abundant in the last edition of the Field of Dreams Game, we could see Smyly give up several longballs to Reds hitters in what could be a high-scoring game.
Joey Votto Home Run (+335)
Finally, we will continue to target the offenses of these teams punishing the opposing pitching staffs by going with Joey Votto to hit a home run in this game. He is at around +350 to hit a ball out of the park and into the corn in this game, and this might be one of the few times where there is value in a home run prop.
Votto faces a starting pitcher who is susceptible to the longball in Smyly. He also has the power to hit the ball out of most parks, and should not have any problems doing so in a hitter-friendly park here in Iowa. Expect Votto to get a hold of one in order to cash this plus money prop.
Read our complete 2022 Field of Dreams betting preview here!
Share article on:
- Related Posts
- Best bet for NLCS Game 2: Diamondbacks vs. PhilliesGrant Puskar4 months ago
- Today in the MLB: Best Bets for July 14th, 2023Grant Puskar8 months ago
- Parlay All Day & Betting Guide: June 30, 2023Grant Puskar8 months ago
- Parlay All Day & Betting Guide: June 29, 2023Grant Puskar8 months ago
- Parlay All Day & Betting Guide: June 28, 2023Grant Puskar8 months ago
- Recent Posts
- How To: Same Game Parlays (2024)Alex Kaufman1 month ago
- The NFL's Top Paid QB's in 2023/24: How did their team do?Grant Puskar1 month ago
- Ohio Sports Betting Bill: 2023Kole Emplit2 months ago
- Browns WR's will play key role in offensive successMac Blank4 months ago
- Browns trade deadline inactivity means Deshaun Watson should return to form soonMac Blank4 months ago