- Call 1-800-GAMBLER
Houston Astros vs. Texas Rangers Player to Hit HR Prop Bets August 31
The Texas Rangers and Houston Astros both have their share of dangerous bats in their lineups. As a result, the home run prop markets for this game are very interesting, as both players have plenty of players who can cash tickets at plus prices.
Here, we look at which players have the best chances to go yard on Wednesday afternoon deep in the heart of Texas.
Bet on the MLB for FREE in Ohio now with betJACK Training Camp! Start betting in Ohio today!
Jose Altuve (+425)
With Yordan Alvarez dealing with some nagging injury concerns that have left him day-to-day on the Astros injury report, it makes sense to focus on Jose Altuve as the top home run threat for the Astros on Wednesday.
Altuve went yard on Tuesday against the Rangers and has 22 home runs on the year. At +425 to hit another one out in this contest, it is more than worth a look at the diminutive masher in this matchup.
The reason that Altuve is such an appealing option to hit a home run in this game is the matchup he has against Martin Perez. The Rangers’ starting pitcher has given up 133 hits in 154 innings of work, which signifies that he regularly pitches to contact.
Altuve is so dangerous when he makes contact, and a pitcher that struggles to miss bats the way Perez does could learn that firsthand here.
Yuli Gurriel (+650)
Yuli Gurriel is not the best home run hitter on the Houston Astros by any stretch of the imagination. He has just seven home runs on the year, resulting in his odds to hit a home run sitting at +650 going into this game.
But he has driven in three runs in his last two games, and his performance at the plate this week justifies a play on him to break out with a home run against Texas.
Normally this would be a spot to take Yordan Alvarez to hit a home run, given that he leads the Astros with 31 long balls on the year. But Alvarez is not at 100% from a health perspective right now, compromising his ability to hit at full power.
Instead, Gurriel represents a better value for this game as his odds are more favorable than those of Alvarez going into Wednesday afternoon in Arlington.
Trey Mancini (+550)
Finally, Trey Mancini has the ability to go yard for the Astros in this game against the Rangers. Mancini’s recent play is a reason to back him in this market as well, as he has hit two home runs over the last seven days for the Astros.
That has brought Mancini up to 16 home runs on the season and has turned him back into one of the better options in this prop market at better than 5/1 odds.
The month of August was a big one for Mancini, as he clubbed six home runs over the duration of the month. Those six home runs in 73 at-bats were a huge improvement from the ten he hit in his previous 350 at-bats this season.
If he can continue to build on that August pace on the final day of the month, Mancini could give bettors a nice payout heading into September.
Share article on:
- Related Posts
- Early MLB Most Valuable Player CandidatesRyan Knuppel2 months ago
- 3 Keys To Another Cleveland Guardians Division TitleBarry Devoe2 months ago
- Cincinnati Reds: Will Their 2023 Be Any Better Than 2022?Tyler Vaysman3 months ago
- MLB: Two Winners And Two Losers Of Winter MeetingsRyan Knuppel3 months ago
- Cleveland Guardians: How Much Does Josh Bell Improve The Lineup?Cole Paganelli3 months ago
- Recent Posts
- Cleveland Cavaliers vs. Brooklyn Nets March 23 Betting PreviewCole Paganelli1 day ago
- March Madness: Sweet 16 Betting PreviewBarry Devoe2 days ago
- Cleveland Cavaliers vs. Brooklyn Nets March 21 Betting PreviewRyan Knuppel3 days ago
- Buckeyes: Who Should Start At QB In 2023?Barry Devoe2 weeks ago
- Philadelphia 76ers vs. Cleveland Cavaliers March 15 Betting PreviewAyden Fahlstrom1 week ago