How Does Owen Miller's Call Up Impact Cleveland Indians Future Plans?
The Cleveland Indians called up potential future star infielder Owen Miller to make his debut on Sunday.
While the Indians have been struggling offensively fans and coaching staff alike were hoping that Miller could provide a spark. Fan were clamoring for Miller to be called up to the big league stage with good reason, at Triple A Columbus he was hitting an astonishing .406 through the first 16 games of the minor league season.
Miller Time? Not Quite Yet.
This really excited fans due to the absolutely atrocious starts of Jake Bauers and Yu Chang platooning at first base to begin the season. Many fans myself included thought that had Bobby Bradley had pretty clearly beat out Jake Bauers for the first base job after his red hot spring. Bauers issues at the plate only compounded the calls for him to be released and one of the Indians young stars to be brought up.
Miller had a rough debut against the Minnesota Twins finally notching his first base hit on Monday against the Detroit Tigers and despite going just 1 for 13 to start his career there is a lot of reason for optimism. Players simply do not accidentally hit over .400 in the minors, the adjustments will come and Miller will likely be an above average major league hitter.
What's The Future Infield Look Like?
Miller has showcased his speed on both an infield single and scoring a clutch run late in a game against the Tigers. He also has versatility on the infield as a natural shortstop by trade and also able to play second, third and first base. There were also reports of Miller getting some playing time in the outfield at Triple A.
With the Indians stacking so much young talent at shortstop; Amed Rosario, Andres Gimenez, Miller, Tyler Krieger and Ernie Clement. They could likely flip one or more to get outfield and or first base help come the trade deadline in July. The bottom line is that the Tribe need some sort of offensive consistency from anyone not named Jose Ramirez and Owen Miller may just be the answer.
Share article on:
- Related Posts
- Best bet for NLCS Game 2: Diamondbacks vs. PhilliesGrant Puskar4 months ago
- Today in the MLB: Best Bets for July 14th, 2023Grant Puskar7 months ago
- Parlay All Day & Betting Guide: June 30, 2023Grant Puskar8 months ago
- Parlay All Day & Betting Guide: June 29, 2023Grant Puskar8 months ago
- Parlay All Day & Betting Guide: June 28, 2023Grant Puskar8 months ago
- Recent Posts
- How To: Same Game Parlays (2024)Alex Kaufman1 month ago
- The NFL's Top Paid QB's in 2023/24: How did their team do?Grant Puskar1 month ago
- Ohio Sports Betting Bill: 2023Kole Emplit2 months ago
- Browns WR's will play key role in offensive successMac Blank3 months ago
- Browns trade deadline inactivity means Deshaun Watson should return to form soonMac Blank4 months ago