Los Angeles Dodgers vs. San Francisco Giants Betting Preview
One of the great rivalries in Major League Baseball will write another chapter when the Los Angeles Dodgers take on the San Francisco Giants on Tuesday night.
The Dodgers hold one of the best records in baseball heading into this game, while the Giants are holding onto Wild Card hopes that are slimming by the day.
In this game, the Giants will look for a huge victory at home against the Dodgers after Los Angeles took the series opener between these teams.
It's Total Tuesday! Use your free tokens to bet on the total runs over/under for Dodgers vs. Giants!
Los Angeles Dodgers
The Los Angeles Dodgers took the opening game of this four-game series by a margin of 8-2 in San Francisco. That win put the Dodgers 18.5 games ahead of the third-place Giants heading into Tuesday, a lead they will look to extend with another victory in this contest. In order to do that, the Dodgers will need another solid pitching performance from one of their best arms in Tyler Anderson.
This season, Anderson has just one loss on the year, going 11-1 with a 2.61 ERA. He has allowed just under one walk or hit per inning pitched on the season in just over 110 innings of work for the National League West leaders. While he has to work around some threats like Joc Pederson in the Giants lineup, Anderson has shown that he has the upper hand against just about any lineup.
San Francisco Giants
The San Francisco Giants won three of four against the Chicago Cubs prior to dropping Monday’s series opener against the Dodgers. In that loss, Logan Webb gave up six earned runs and eight hits in five innings of work, as the Giants simply could not keep up with the offensive barrage put forward by Los Angeles. In this game, the Giants will try to do a better job of keeping the Los Angeles lineup in check.
Alex Wood is scheduled to take the mound as the starting pitcher for the Giants in this Tuesday night matchup. Wood’s numbers have been far less impressive than those of his counterpart on the mound this year, going 7-8 with a 4.11 ERA. But in one-game sample size, Wood is more than capable of putting together a good enough performance to challenge the Dodgers.
Keys To The Game
The biggest key to this game will be the bullpen of the Dodgers, which has the potential to let teams back into games at times.
We saw that last week against the Washington Nationals when the Los Angeles bullpen let the Nats blow a couple of games open, neutralizing the impact of their lineup in the late innings.
On the San Francisco side, the underdog Giants’ top key to this game is their starting pitching. Wood needs to be able to keep the Giants in this game early if they are going to have any chance to win it late.
Against a bullpen that is far from perfect, the Giants will not be out of this game as long as they can keep themselves in contention in the early innings.
Share article on:
- Related Posts
- Today in the MLB: Best Bets for July 14th, 2023Grant Puskar3 months ago
- Parlay All Day & Betting Guide: June 30, 2023Grant Puskar3 months ago
- Parlay All Day & Betting Guide: June 29, 2023Grant Puskar3 months ago
- Parlay All Day & Betting Guide: June 28, 2023Grant Puskar3 months ago
- Parlay All Day & Betting Guide: June 27, 2023Grant Puskar3 months ago
- Recent Posts
- NFL: Updated AFC North title odds after Week 3Grant Puskar3 days ago
- Breathe, Cleveland. Concern is valid, but don't give up yet.Grant Puskar1 week ago
- Ohio State at Notre Dame: Betting Odds and TrendsGrant Puskar2 weeks ago
- Cleveland Browns at Pittsburgh Steelers: Betting Odds and TrendsGrant Puskar2 weeks ago
- Is this the most important Browns opener......ever?Mac Blank3 weeks ago