Marlins vs. Reds July 25 Monday Bet Preview
The Cincinnati Reds will host the Miami Marlins at Great American Ballpark on Monday night at 6:40 pm EST. Tuesday night and Wednesday night games will be played at the same time, and the Thursday finale will be at 12:35 pm EST.
The Reds are coming off a series win against divisional rival St. Louis Cardinals in their last series by winning the first and third games of the series by scores of 9-5 and 6-3. This is a good start for the Reds as that was the first series that they played since the All-Star break.
The Marlins are also coming off of a series win as they won two out of three against another divisional opponent of the Reds, the Pittsburgh Pirates. The Reds have won six of their last ten games. In comparison, the Marlins have won four games in that same span.
Let’s look ahead at this National League matchup between the Cincinnati Reds and the Miami Marlins.
The Reds are the favorites at home in this one with odds of +155 with the spread of -1.5 runs. The Marlins, at +1.5, have odds of -175 to cover. The over/under for the game is set at nine runs with odds of +100 for the over and -120 for the under. For the moneyline, the Reds have odds of -127, and the Marlins have odds of +117 to win the game outright.
With the Marlins having the better record at 45-50 compared to the Reds at 36-58, this will be a tough series to call. The Reds will have the home field advantage where they are 20-29. The Marlins are 23-27 on the road this season.
Left-hander Nick Lodolo of the Reds will take on the Marlins’ left-handed Trevor Rogers in game one of this series. Lodolo is posting a 5.81 ERA with 38 strikeouts and a record of 2-3 this season. Comparatively, Rogers is 4-9 with a 5.46 ERA and 78 strikeouts.
Lodolo took a beating in his last outing before the All-Star break, where he picked up the loss after only going two innings, giving up five runs on five hits and walking three. Rogers also picked up a loss in his last outing but was able to make it six innings, giving up four runs on seven hits and striking out four in that contest.
Although these teams are evenly matched with this game being played in Cincinnati, I have been liking the way that the Reds have been playing recently. They just picked up a series win against a 51-46 divisional rival and had some key series victories against the Mets and the Yankees just before the All-Star break.
I am riding with the Reds to win this series by winning three out of the four games. Game one will be tough to call with Lodolo having such a poor performance in his last appearance, but I like the Reds overall in this series in Cincinnati.
Share article on:
- Related Posts
- Best bet for NLCS Game 2: Diamondbacks vs. PhilliesGrant Puskar4 months ago
- Today in the MLB: Best Bets for July 14th, 2023Grant Puskar7 months ago
- Parlay All Day & Betting Guide: June 30, 2023Grant Puskar8 months ago
- Parlay All Day & Betting Guide: June 29, 2023Grant Puskar8 months ago
- Parlay All Day & Betting Guide: June 28, 2023Grant Puskar8 months ago
- Recent Posts
- How To: Same Game Parlays (2024)Alex Kaufman1 month ago
- The NFL's Top Paid QB's in 2023/24: How did their team do?Grant Puskar1 month ago
- Ohio Sports Betting Bill: 2023Kole Emplit2 months ago
- Browns WR's will play key role in offensive successMac Blank3 months ago
- Browns trade deadline inactivity means Deshaun Watson should return to form soonMac Blank4 months ago