- Call 1-800-GAMBLER
Milwaukee Brewers vs. Chicago Cubs August 20 Pitcher Strikeout Over/Under Bets
The Milwaukee Brewers and Chicago Cubs square off in a nationally televised battle of National League Central teams on Saturday afternoon.
Milwaukee is still in the thick of the division race, while the Cubs are well out of contention for the postseason. In this game, Freddy Peralta and Marcus Stroman take the mound in a game where the strikeout props for both starting pitchers carry plenty of intrigue.
Going into Saturday’s game, Freddy Peralta’s strikeout total is set at 5.5, with the over juiced as high as -140 depending on where bettors shop. Peralta has struggled at racking up strikeouts of late, earning no more than four strikeouts in each of his last four appearances. But when Peralta is at his best, he is more than capable of running up his strikeout total.
In mid-May, Peralta struck out 10 batters against the defending champion Atlanta Braves in seven innings of work. Peralta has 60 strikeouts on the season in 51.1 innings of work, averaging over a strikeout per inning. The main question coming into this game will be whether or not Peralta goes deep enough into this contest to put up a big number for the purposes of this prop bet.
Marcus Stroman’s strikeouts prop is set at 4.5 going into this contest against the Milwaukee Brewers. Stroman enters this weekend just outside of the top-100 in the league in strikeouts, sitting down 78 batters in 84 innings of work. Based on his recent outings, this number is more than attainable for the Cubs starter at home.
In his last five starts, Stroman has struck out five or more batters on three occasions. That includes two recent starts against the Philadelphia Phillies and St. Louis Cardinals. Against another potent offense in the Milwaukee Brewers, Stroman will need to be on point once again if he is going to go over his strikeout total.
Stroman has faced the Brewers twice already this season. He has averaged four strikeouts in those two outings, picking up five strikeouts in one of them and three in the other. Strikeout prop bettors will hope for a higher total on Saturday afternoon.
Cubs Open Series With High-Scoring Win
This series opened up on Friday with the Cubs grabbing an exciting 8-7 victory over the Brewers. That was the fourth straight win for the Cubs, who took two straight wins over the Washington Nationals and one more over the Baltimore Orioles before kicking this weekend series off with a victory. Chicago currently sits 16 games back of the first place St. Louis Cardinals in the NL Central standings, but they have created some distance between the bottom feeders in the Reds and Pirates.
This weekend is of vital importance to the playoff hopes of the Milwaukee Brewers. They enter this weekend four games behind the Cardinals in the division standings, and are in the mix for the third Wild Card spot. A successful weekend against the Cubs would be huge for Milwaukee’s playoff chances, while losing this series could be a devastating blow.
Share article on:
- Related Posts
- Cincinnati Reds: Will Their 2023 Be Any Better Than 2022?Tyler Vaysman1 month ago
- MLB: Two Winners And Two Losers Of Winter MeetingsRyan Knuppel1 month ago
- Cleveland Guardians: How Much Does Josh Bell Improve The Lineup?Cole Paganelli1 month ago
- MLB Playoff OddsbetJACK Training Camp2 months ago
- Yes, Sean Murphy And Bo Naylor Can CoexistGrant Puskar2 months ago
- Recent Posts
- Wisconsin Badgers vs. Ohio State Buckeyes February 2 Betting PreviewRyan Knuppel2 days ago
- Memphis Grizzlies vs. Cleveland Cavaliers February 2 Betting PreviewTyler Vaysman1 day ago
- Providence Friars vs. Xavier Musketeers February 1 Betting PreviewAyden Fahlstrom2 days ago
- Tulsa Golden Hurricane vs. Cincinnati Bearcats February 1 Betting PreviewBarry Devoe3 days ago
- Washington Capitals vs. Columbus Blue Jackets January 31 Betting PreviewCole Paganelli3 days ago