Milwaukee Bucks vs. Atlanta Hawks Betting Preview
The Atlanta Hawks host the Milwaukee Bucks for an Eastern Conference matchup on Martin Luther King Jr. Day at State Farm Arena. The Milwaukee Bucks look to rebound from an upset loss to the Raptors 103-96, while the Hawks hope to erase a five-game losing skid after falling to the Knicks 117-108.
Milwaukee Bucks Betting Preview: Giannis Stays Hot, Scores 30 Again in Bucks Loss
Milwaukee enters this matchup having won just two of their last seven games and are currently fourth in the Eastern Conference with 27 wins on the year. The Bucks raced out to a 16-2 lead but allowed 57 points in the second half and were upset by the Raptors.
Giannis Antetokounmpo struggled from the floor in the loss against the Raptors going 6-17 from the floor, however, Giannis has scored 30+ points in nine of his last ten contests. Grayson Allen is also back from injury and has contributed nicely scoring 33 points over his last two games.
Overall, the offense is averaging 111.6 points per game, while the defense is conceding 107.7 points ranking 14th in the league.
Atlanta Hawks Betting Preview: Hawks Look to Break Ten Game Home Losing Streak
The Hawks on the other hand are struggling mightily as of late, losing their fifth straight contest after falling to the Knicks in their last game. Over their last ten games, the Hawks are just 2-8 and have lost ten straight on their home floor.
Despite the awful play, Atlanta has no issues on the offensive side of the ball as they rank second in the NBA in offensive rating, scoring 112.5 points per 100 possessions. The defense however is a major issue as they rank 28th in defensive efficiency, giving up a whopping 114 per 10 possessions.
Trae Young is the biggest offensive threat, ranking fourth in the league in scoring (27.6) and averaging over nine assists per game. Clint Capella has also been a threat averaging a double-double with 11.8 points and 13.8 rebounds per game.
Betting Odds and Lines
The Bucks come into this matchup as four-point road favorites over the Hawks, with the point total at 231. Atlanta is 15-27 ATS, while Milwaukee is 20-24-1. The Over has hit in the Hawk’s last two games, while the Under has hit in six of Buck’s last seven contests.
The Milwaukee Bucks are one of the best teams in the East and currently rank fourth in the Eastern Conference. The Atlanta Hawks on the other hand haven’t covered the spread in their last five games and are on a ten-game home losing streak.
Clearly, the Hawks can score but they can’t play a lick of defense as they are giving up 112 points per game. The former MVP, Giannis Antetokounmpo, is heating up and will want to avenge a sloppy loss to the Raptors. Milwaukee has averaged 11.6 points this season and are also 10-5 as away favorites in 2021. Lean Bucks in this matchup.
Share article on:
- Related Posts
- NBA Free Agency: What We Know And What Is ComingIan Jameson2 months ago
- 2023 NBA Draft Highlights: Spurs take generational talent, Cavs grab projectIan Jameson3 months ago
- 2023 NBA Finals In Review: How The Nuggets Made HistoryIan Jameson3 months ago
- Parlay All Day & Betting Guide: June 12th, 2023Grant Puskar3 months ago
- Parlay All Day & Betting Guide: June 9, 2023Grant Puskar3 months ago
- Recent Posts
- Ohio State at Notre Dame: Betting Odds and TrendsGrant Puskar3 days ago
- Cleveland Browns at Pittsburgh Steelers: Betting Odds and TrendsGrant Puskar3 days ago
- Is this the most important Browns opener......ever?Mac Blank2 weeks ago
- Two UDFA's that should make Browns 53-man rosterMac Blank3 weeks ago
- Cleveland Browns Preseason Evaluation: Buy or SellMac Blank1 month ago