- Call 1-800-522-4700
MLB All-Star Game 2021 Updated Voting
The MLB All-Star Game rosters are finalized. Even though there are numerous complaints with the jerseys, the rosters are exceptional. For the most part, the fans made the correct choices for the 2021 roster.
The Cleveland Indians and Cincinnati Reds are not having dominant seasons, which corresponded to the number of selections they received for the game. The Indians and Reds both received two bids after the fan voting.
Although, Cincinnati shined compared to Cleveland. Thanks to Nick Castellanos and Jesse Winker, the Reds will have two starters in the 2021 All-Star Game.
Cleveland Indians All-Star Selections
Cleveland received two selections, but they will only have one active player at Coors Field on July 13. Shane Bieber and Jose Ramirez were both received bids to represent the American League.
However, Shane Bieber is still battling a shoulder injury. He landed on the injured list three weeks ago and has not resumed throwing. He is scheduled to start throwing in another week or two, according to medical reports.
Nevertheless, he will still be in Denver for the festivities. Other pitchers will elect not to throw in the game, so Bieber will not be alone. For the Indians to win the American League Central, they will need a healthy Bieber down the stretch.
Indians' third baseman Jose Ramirez was also elected to the game as a reserve player. Ramirez is having a solid season at the plate. His batting average is not excellent at .265, but he does have an OBP of .345.
With a second-half jolt, Ramirez will produce a 40 HR and 100 RBI season at the plate. Anyone who is in line to do this at the halfway point should be an All-Star.
Cincinnati Reds All-Star Selections
The Reds will be well represented at Coors Field in the 2021 All-Star Game. Cincinnati will control two of the starting outfield spots with Jesse Winker and Nick Castellanos. It's not surprising what Castellanos has done in 2021.
Entering the season, he was expected to be dominant for the club. Castellanos became a household name early in the year since his first home run against the Cardinals to open the season.
The outfielder is batting .339, which leads the National League. He is also at the top of the league for hits (105), doubles (27), and total bases (182).
The story of the first half in baseball has been Jesse Winker. Winker is one player that nobody expected to make the 2021 All-Star roster on Opening Day. He has been efficient during his time in the big leagues, but he has not played an entire 162 game season.
Winker is slashing .310/.389/.565 with 19 HR and 49 RBIs. He competed in 113 games in 2019, but this will be his first time contributing all year if he stays healthy. If Cincinnati makes the postseason, it will be due to the contribution from Winker and Castellanos.
Winker is eligible for arbitration in 2022 so expect him to earn a massive deal next season if he finishes the year strong.
Share article on:
- Related Posts
- Cleveland Guardians: 3 Dream Free Agent SigningsGrant Puskar2 weeks ago
- Way Too Early Guardians Off-Season PredictionsCole Paganelli2 weeks ago
- Houston Astros vs. Philadelphia Phillies World Series Game 4 Betting PreviewBarry Devoe3 weeks ago
- Houston Astros vs. Philadelphia Phillies World Series Game 3 Betting PreviewRyan Knuppel1 month ago
- Philadelphia Phillies vs. Houston Astros World Series Game 1 Betting PreviewAyden Fahlstrom1 month ago
- Recent Posts
- Cleveland Cavaliers: Donovan Mitchell & Cavs Stay Red-Hot In Win Over Trail BlazersDrew Thirion19 hours ago
- Thanksgiving Thursday NFL Three Team TeaserCole Paganelli2 days ago
- No. 3 Michigan vs. No. 2 Ohio State "The Game" Betting PreviewRyan Knuppel2 days ago
- Louisville vs. Cincinnati Maui Invitational November 23 Betting PreviewGrant Puskar2 days ago
- Cincinnati Bengals vs. Tennessee Titans November 27 Betting PreviewSam Frohman4 days ago