MLB All-Star Game Best Bets: MVP Odds, Predictions
MLB teams will conclude the first half of their season on Sunday, which means it’s almost time for the All-Star break. The Home Run Derby is on Monday night, and the Midsummer Classic will occur on Tuesday.
The first pitch from Coors Field in Denver, Colorado, is scheduled for 8:00 PM ET. One of the best parts about the All-Star Game is the props. It can be hard to pick a winning team because the game does not matter.
In the past, the All-Star Game winner received a home-field advantage in the World Series. However, this is no longer the case, so it’s all about this experience. This makes the MVP prop a great bet because you are betting on players instead of teams.
Here are the best bets for the MVP award on Tuesday.
Shohei Ohtani is the favorite to win MVP on Tuesday. This is not because of his talent. Every player in the game is a great baseball player. Ohtani is the favorite because of everything he is going to do on Tuesday.
Ohtani is going to be the starting designated hitter for the American League. He is also going to pitch in the contest. It’s unknown if he is going to start, but if he does not, he will pitch out of the bullpen.
This will help his MVP odds because he will grab attention throughout the entire contest. A home run and a strikeout will give Ohtani the MVP with ease.
Vladimir Guerrero Jr.
Vladimir Guerrero Jr. must be in the MVP conversation because of his talent at the plate. He is leading the American League in hits (105), RBI (73), batting average (.337), and OBP (.435).
Guerrero, like all players, will need Ohtani to have an off night to win, but this is possible. A bet on Guerrero will have better value than Ohtani.
Xander Bogaerts could be a great value bet for the MVP. He is a player that does not receive a lot of notoriety outside of Boston. Although, he is one of the best players in baseball.
Bogaerts competing on the biggest stage could be what he needs to win MVP if he has a great night.
Jose Ramirez of the Indians will be a reserve third baseman for the American League. It’s unlikely that he will win MVP. The starters have a better chance at earning the hardware because they can make an early impression.
Shane Bieber, Ramirez’s teammate, will not win the MVP because he will not pitch
In the National League, a bet on Jesse Winker or Nicholas Castellanos of the Cincinnati Reds to win MVP is a great choice. Both players are going to start, which is beneficial for their MVP chances.
They also are both household names in the National League. Castellanos has a presence because of his personality, and Winker burst onto the scene in 2021. Out of the two players, Castellanos has a better chance to win.
He is leading the league in doubles (28) and batting average (.330).
Share article on:
- Related Posts
- Best bet for NLCS Game 2: Diamondbacks vs. PhilliesGrant Puskar4 months ago
- Today in the MLB: Best Bets for July 14th, 2023Grant Puskar8 months ago
- Parlay All Day & Betting Guide: June 30, 2023Grant Puskar8 months ago
- Parlay All Day & Betting Guide: June 29, 2023Grant Puskar8 months ago
- Parlay All Day & Betting Guide: June 28, 2023Grant Puskar8 months ago
- Recent Posts
- How To: Same Game Parlays (2024)Alex Kaufman1 month ago
- The NFL's Top Paid QB's in 2023/24: How did their team do?Grant Puskar1 month ago
- Ohio Sports Betting Bill: 2023Kole Emplit2 months ago
- Browns WR's will play key role in offensive successMac Blank4 months ago
- Browns trade deadline inactivity means Deshaun Watson should return to form soonMac Blank4 months ago