NBA Championship Futures: Who Will Win NBA Title?
The 2021-22 season will begin on Tuesday, October 19, but the Cleveland Cavaliers don’t start play until Wednesday. The start of the NBA season will provide another big boost to the US sports betting industry, at least in the states that allow this form of betting.
Milwaukee enters the season as the defending champions, and they should have a loaded roster yet again. The Bucks are not the betting favorite to repeat as champion, but they are still high up on the list.
The Brooklyn Nets are now the clear betting favorite to win the NBA Championship, with odds at +230. The Los Angeles Lakers are next on the list at +400, and they have been a consistent title threat since landing LeBron James.
You aren’t going to see the Cleveland Cavaliers high on any list to win the NBA Championship, as the franchise isn’t even close to that level at this time. Currently, the Cavaliers have odds set at +50000, which is the worst odds in the league.
The Milwaukee Bucks are once again expected to be a major threat to win the Eastern Conference, and they have odds set at +850 to win the NBA title. Rounding out the top-four is the Golden State Warriors at +1200, and the “Splash Brothers” are going to be back on the court.
Nets Have Some Questions
If fully healthy, the Brooklyn Nets are arguably the best team in the NBA, with Kevin Durant, James Harden, and Kyrie Irving all leading the way. Keeping these three healthy was a challenge a season ago, and they have some other issues facing them this season.
Kyrie Irving helped the Cavaliers won a championship a few years ago, but he has had an exciting career since that time. Irving is currently away from the team as a “protest” to the vaccine mandate, and it’s unclear if he will be available to the Nets at all.
Without Irving in the lineup, it looks like the Western Conference might have the two best teams in the NBA this season. The Los Angeles Lakers and Golden State Warriors both have what it takes to win an NBA championship, but that entire conference is loaded.
These betting odds will continue to change and move throughout the year, but you will never ever see the Cavaliers become a real title contender.
Can Cavs Make the Playoffs?
The Cavaliers have different goals this season and making the playoffs has to be at the top of the list. Cleveland is in a tough Central Division, but it is also a group of teams that can be beaten.
The Cavaliers currently have odds set at +1400 to make the Eastern Conference play-offs (after play-in games are played) this season. That doesn’t give Cleveland a great chance, but that play-in tournament does slightly level the playing field.
Both the Cavaliers and Detroit Pistons have odds set at +15000 to win the Central Division, tied for the worst.
Share article on:
- Related Posts
- NBA Free Agency: What We Know And What Is ComingIan Jameson2 months ago
- 2023 NBA Draft Highlights: Spurs take generational talent, Cavs grab projectIan Jameson3 months ago
- 2023 NBA Finals In Review: How The Nuggets Made HistoryIan Jameson3 months ago
- Parlay All Day & Betting Guide: June 12th, 2023Grant Puskar3 months ago
- Parlay All Day & Betting Guide: June 9, 2023Grant Puskar3 months ago
- Recent Posts
- Breathe, Cleveland. Concern is valid, but don't give up yet.Grant Puskar1 day ago
- Ohio State at Notre Dame: Betting Odds and TrendsGrant Puskar5 days ago
- Cleveland Browns at Pittsburgh Steelers: Betting Odds and TrendsGrant Puskar5 days ago
- Is this the most important Browns opener......ever?Mac Blank2 weeks ago
- Two UDFA's that should make Browns 53-man rosterMac Blank3 weeks ago