NBA Coach of the Year Updated Odds & Best Bets
There are plenty of interesting NBA futures betting markets available, including one that doesn’t have anything to do with players. The NBA Coach of the Year is voted on by the media as well, and this has turned into a great betting opportunity.
All 30 head coaches in the NBA have odds set to win this award, but coaches start to drop off the list as the season moves along. We are now right at the halfway point of the NBA season, and it feels like only a few coaches actually have a chance to win it.
This award is usually given to a coach that guides a team on a surprising run, but that isn’t always the case. Here is a look at the updated coach of the year odds and best bets to make.
No Surprise With Two Favorites
Two head coaches have jumped out as the early favorites, and it’s because their respective teams have been among the biggest surprises in the NBA. Taylor Jenkins of the Memphis Grizzlies is the betting favorite at +200 and Billy Donovan is next on the list at +275.
Jenkins and his Grizzlies team have been trending in the right direction over the last few seasons, but they look like a title contender this time around. Billy Donovan has had the Bulls at the top of the Eastern Conference all season long, and he has put the Bulls back on the map in a hurry.
If you are going to make a bet on this award then it would be wise to take either Jenkins or Donovan with your pick.
Bickerstaff in the Mix
J.B. Bickerstaff of the Cleveland Cavaliers is also in the mix to win the NBA Coach of the Year Award as he has odds set at +800. Bickerstaff has seen his odds improve over the last few weeks, and that has come after the Cavaliers just continue to stack up the victories.
Cleveland has gone 27-18 through the first 45 games, which is good enough for 4th place in the Eastern Conference. The Cavaliers are winning games with their size and it has been Bickerstaff that has transformed how Cleveland attacks other teams.
The Cavaliers didn’t have high expectations entering the year, but Bickerstaff has done a tremendous job with his team. If you are looking to bet on an underdog, and a hometown favorite, then Bickerstaff is your pick.
Familiar Names In Contention
Even though this award is usually won by a coach of a team that exceeded expectations, there are some coaches of top teams included as well. Monty Williams of the Phoenix Suns has odds set at +400 and Steve Kerr of the Golden State Warriors is right behind him at +450.
Another familiar name on this list is Erik Spoelstra (+500) of the Miami Heat. All three of these coaches are going to stay near the top of the list as the season moves along, but there are going to be some better candidates to choose from.
Share article on:
- Related Posts
- NBA Free Agency: What We Know And What Is ComingIan Jameson4 months ago
- 2023 NBA Draft Highlights: Spurs take generational talent, Cavs grab projectIan Jameson5 months ago
- 2023 NBA Finals In Review: How The Nuggets Made HistoryIan Jameson5 months ago
- Parlay All Day & Betting Guide: June 12th, 2023Grant Puskar5 months ago
- Parlay All Day & Betting Guide: June 9, 2023Grant Puskar6 months ago
- Recent Posts
- Browns WR's will play key role in offensive successMac Blank2 weeks ago
- Browns trade deadline inactivity means Deshaun Watson should return to form soonMac Blank3 weeks ago
- Best bet for TNF: Jaguars vs. SaintsGrant Puskar1 month ago
- Best bet for NLCS Game 2: Diamondbacks vs. PhilliesGrant Puskar1 month ago
- How the Browns offense can get back on trackMac Blank1 month ago