- Call 1-800-522-4700
Pittsburgh Pirates vs. Cincinnati Reds Doubleheader Betting Preview: July 7th Reds Bet Picks
The Reds will continue their homestand against the Pittsburgh Pirates on Thursday for a double-header with the first game starting at 2:10 p.m. and the second game’s first pitch at :10 p.m. This will be a quick two game series but vital for both teams who are in much need of a win.
The Reds are coming off another lost series after dropping the final game of the series finale to the New York Mets in an extra inning game by a score of 8-3. This is their third straight series loss in a row and are in desperate need of some wins against the Pirates at home on Thursday.
The Pirates got swept by the New York Yankees in a quick two game series in their last series matchup. They haven’t won a series since June 23rd and it has taken a big toll on their divisional place.
The Reds are 28-52 overall and 4-6 in the last ten matchups. They find themselves in last place in the NL Central, 17 games back from first place. The Pirates are slightly better with their 33-47 overall record in fourth place in the division. They are also 4-6 in their last ten.
Let’s look ahead at this quick one day two game series between the Pittsburgh Pirates and Cincinnati Reds.
Reds vs. Pirates July 7 Betting Odds
Game 1 of this doubleheader opens up as a Pick 'Em, with both teams sharing -108 betting odds on the moneyline. Expect a similar, close run line and moneyline for Game 2, when those odds become available.
This will be a tough one to call since the Pirates are the slightly better team, but the Reds will have the home field advantage.
The Pirates have not played well on the road and their away record of 13-25 tells that story. The Reds, similarly, have struggled on the road and also at home with the same record of 14-26 whether they are playing at Great American Ballpark or not.
Expected Pitching Matchups
It is known that the two pitchers that the Pirates will be starting for game one and game two are Roansy Contreras and Bryse Wilson. Mike Minor is expected to start the first game for the Reds, but it is still TBD for who will be taking the mound for the Reds in game two.
Roansy Contreras is 2-2 this season with a 4.09 ERA and 43 strikeouts. Wilson, who has struggled greatly for the Pirates this season, is 1-4 with a 7.49 ERA and 31 strikeouts. Minor has followed in the footsteps of Wilson with his 1-5 record, posting a 6.82 ERA and 24 strikeouts. I expect the total number of runs to be high for these games with these pitching matchups.
Reds vs. Pirates July 7 Betting Pick
It is a big toss up for who will be able to win these games because not only are the two teams very similar in record and talent, but the pitching from both teams is extremely inconsistent. I am going to roll with the hometown Reds for both games because I think they showed some resilience against the Mets even though they lost two out of three.
Share article on:
- Related Posts
- Yes, Sean Murphy And Bo Naylor Can CoexistGrant Puskar1 week ago
- Cleveland Guardians: 3 Dream Free Agent SigningsGrant Puskar1 month ago
- Way Too Early Guardians Off-Season PredictionsCole Paganelli1 month ago
- Houston Astros vs. Philadelphia Phillies World Series Game 4 Betting PreviewBarry Devoe1 month ago
- Houston Astros vs. Philadelphia Phillies World Series Game 3 Betting PreviewRyan Knuppel1 month ago
- Recent Posts
- Rutgers Scarlet Knights vs. No. 25 Ohio State Buckeyes December 8 Betting PreviewAyden Fahlstrom16 hours ago
- Cleveland Browns vs. Cincinnati Bengals December 11 Betting PreviewRyan Knuppel20 hours ago
- Las Vegas Raiders vs. Los Angeles Rams Thursday Night Football Betting PreviewAyden Fahlstrom1 day ago
- The Quick Rise And Disastrous Fall Of Baker MayfieldGrant Puskar1 day ago
- Current NHL Standings & Updated OddsTyler Vaysman3 days ago