- Call 1-800-GAMBLER
Puskar's Picks: Top Bets In Sports October 5, 2022
While we usually have to go both Tuesday and Wednesday without football to bet on, that is not the case today. The SMU Mustangs will head to UCF to take on the UCF Knights in a game that was rescheduled due to issues with the hurricane.
We also have MLB today, but who knows how that will go considering the playoff bracket is already set and a lot of starters will probably get some rest. It's still baseball, however, so we are still going to bet on it.
We had a no-loss day yesterday as we went 2-0-2, with the Braves pushing -1 after winning 2-1, and the Blue Jays/Orioles game was cancelled. Lets have a day today, and I'll see you when these bets smack.
Bet No. 1: SMU +6.5 (-182)
In a re-scheduled game that is set to take place on a Wednesday night, I like SMU and the road-dogs tonight.
SMU might be 2-2 and their opponent in UCF might be 3-1, but that means next to nothing in this matchup. SMU's quality of opponent is greater than UCF, and SMU has kept in a one score game in both of their defeats.
Due to this, I'm a firm believer that SMU can not only cover +6.5, but I think they can win this game outright.
Bet No. 2: Angels Moneyline (-228)
This one is simple to me.
After Shohei Ohtani signed a 1-year, $30 million-dollar deal to avoid arbitration, he's on the mound for the final game of the season for the Angels.
They play one of the worst teams in the MLB in the Athletics, and they are going to have some fun and end their season with a bang. There is no such thing as a lock, but I'll see you when it smacks.
Bet No. 3: Red Sox Moneyline (-143)
After clinching a spot in the MLB playoffs and punching their ticket that is a one-way train to Cleveland to face the Guardians in the American League Wild Card series, the Rays have lost four in a row.
It appears they are just looking ahead to the playoffs, and I don't think that will change today. The Red Sox have the better arm on the mound and aren't going to the playoffs, so the Rays will continue to overlook these games as their focus is solely on Friday.
Bet No. 4: Astros/Phillies NRFI (-118)
Who knows if the Astros or the Phillies wil have their powerhouse hitters in the lineup. In terms of pitching, two solid arms are facing eachother in this one, as the final score in this matchup should be one that is pretty low scoring.
Both of these teams have punched their tickets to the playoffs, so the focus will be more on their playoff matchups rather than their matchup today.
Share article on:
- Related Posts
- TCU Horned Frogs vs. Georgia Bulldogs National Championship Betting PreviewTyler Vaysman1 month ago
- Penn State Nittany Lions vs. Utah Utes Rose Bowl Betting PreviewRyan Knuppel1 month ago
- betJACK Best Bets: College Football PlayoffRyan Knuppel1 month ago
- Ohio State Buckeyes vs. Georgia Bulldogs College Football Playoff Betting PreviewSam Frohman1 month ago
- Ohio Bobcats vs. Wyoming Cowboys December 30 Betting PreviewAyden Fahlstrom1 month ago
- Recent Posts
- Kent State Golden Flashes vs. Akron Zips February 3 Betting PreviewBarry Devoe2 days ago
- Wisconsin Badgers vs. Ohio State Buckeyes February 2 Betting PreviewRyan Knuppel3 days ago
- Memphis Grizzlies vs. Cleveland Cavaliers February 2 Betting PreviewTyler Vaysman3 days ago
- Providence Friars vs. Xavier Musketeers February 1 Betting PreviewAyden Fahlstrom4 days ago
- Tulsa Golden Hurricane vs. Cincinnati Bearcats February 1 Betting PreviewBarry Devoe4 days ago