Puskar's Picks: Top Bets In Sports October 5, 2022
While we usually have to go both Tuesday and Wednesday without football to bet on, that is not the case today. The SMU Mustangs will head to UCF to take on the UCF Knights in a game that was rescheduled due to issues with the hurricane.
We also have MLB today, but who knows how that will go considering the playoff bracket is already set and a lot of starters will probably get some rest. It's still baseball, however, so we are still going to bet on it.
We had a no-loss day yesterday as we went 2-0-2, with the Braves pushing -1 after winning 2-1, and the Blue Jays/Orioles game was cancelled. Lets have a day today, and I'll see you when these bets smack.
Bet No. 1: SMU +6.5 (-182)
In a re-scheduled game that is set to take place on a Wednesday night, I like SMU and the road-dogs tonight.
SMU might be 2-2 and their opponent in UCF might be 3-1, but that means next to nothing in this matchup. SMU's quality of opponent is greater than UCF, and SMU has kept in a one score game in both of their defeats.
Due to this, I'm a firm believer that SMU can not only cover +6.5, but I think they can win this game outright.
Bet No. 2: Angels Moneyline (-228)
This one is simple to me.
After Shohei Ohtani signed a 1-year, $30 million-dollar deal to avoid arbitration, he's on the mound for the final game of the season for the Angels.
They play one of the worst teams in the MLB in the Athletics, and they are going to have some fun and end their season with a bang. There is no such thing as a lock, but I'll see you when it smacks.
Bet No. 3: Red Sox Moneyline (-143)
After clinching a spot in the MLB playoffs and punching their ticket that is a one-way train to Cleveland to face the Guardians in the American League Wild Card series, the Rays have lost four in a row.
It appears they are just looking ahead to the playoffs, and I don't think that will change today. The Red Sox have the better arm on the mound and aren't going to the playoffs, so the Rays will continue to overlook these games as their focus is solely on Friday.
Bet No. 4: Astros/Phillies NRFI (-118)
Who knows if the Astros or the Phillies wil have their powerhouse hitters in the lineup. In terms of pitching, two solid arms are facing eachother in this one, as the final score in this matchup should be one that is pretty low scoring.
Both of these teams have punched their tickets to the playoffs, so the focus will be more on their playoff matchups rather than their matchup today.
Share article on:
- Related Posts
- Best bet for NLCS Game 2: Diamondbacks vs. PhilliesGrant Puskar4 months ago
- Ohio State at Notre Dame: Betting Odds and TrendsGrant Puskar5 months ago
- Today in the MLB: Best Bets for July 14th, 2023Grant Puskar8 months ago
- Parlay All Day & Betting Guide: June 30, 2023Grant Puskar8 months ago
- Parlay All Day & Betting Guide: June 29, 2023Grant Puskar8 months ago
- Recent Posts
- How To: Same Game Parlays (2024)Alex Kaufman1 month ago
- The NFL's Top Paid QB's in 2023/24: How did their team do?Grant Puskar1 month ago
- Ohio Sports Betting Bill: 2023Kole Emplit2 months ago
- Browns WR's will play key role in offensive successMac Blank4 months ago
- Browns trade deadline inactivity means Deshaun Watson should return to form soonMac Blank4 months ago