Reds vs. Mets August 8 Betting Preview
The Cincinnati Reds will travel to New York on Monday to take on the Mets for a 7:10 p.m. first pitch. This will be the first of a three game series between these two National League teams. The Mets are in first in the NL East with a record of 69-39 which is 5.5 games ahead of the second place Atlanta Braves.
The Reds are tied for third place with the Chicago Cubs in the NL Central with a record of 43-63. They are 15.5 games behind the first place St. Louis Cardinals and only a half a game ahead of the Pittsburgh Pirates who are in last place in the division.
The Reds have won six of their past ten games which include two series wins against the Baltimore Orioles and the Miami Marlins. The Mets have been red hot since the All Star break, winning eight of their past ten matchups. They have two series wins and a series sweep in that span.
Let’s look ahead at this National League showdown in New York between the Cincinnati Reds and the New York Mets.
Reds vs. Mets August 8 Odds
The Mets (-334) are hefty betting favorites in this matchup. New York is favored -2 on the run line and the total runs for this game is set at 8.5.
The Mets are 34-18 at home this season compared to the Reds who are 19-31 on the road.
The odds are based on the pitching matchup for each game, but don’t be surprised if the Reds are the underdogs for all three games of this series. The Reds have been playing solidly, but the Mets are just that much better.
Justin Dunn will take the mound for the Cincinnati Reds for his first time this season. Last season, he pitched in eleven games where he went 1-3 with a 3.75 ERA and 49 strikeouts. He was the 19th overall pick in the 2016 MLB Draft. He is looking to fill in the gaps in the Reds’ rotation after the Luis Castillo trade and Hunter Greene’s injury.
Chris Bassitt of the Mets will oppose Dunn with his record of 8-7, 3.61 ERA and 121 strikeouts. The Akron-native got his eighth win of the season last week against the Washington Nationals where he pitched a seven inning shutout, giving up six hits and striking out four.
Reds vs. Mets August 8 Betting Pick
The Reds were able to sweep the Mets the last time these two teams played each other in Cincinnati, but I think that this time will be a little different. I am expecting the Mets to take two out of three of these games including this first game against Dunn who has not pitched all season.
The Mets are too talented to lose another series against the Reds and with the way that they are playing, I would expect New York to take care of business at home this week.
Share article on:
- Related Posts
- Best bet for NLCS Game 2: Diamondbacks vs. PhilliesGrant Puskar4 months ago
- Today in the MLB: Best Bets for July 14th, 2023Grant Puskar8 months ago
- Parlay All Day & Betting Guide: June 30, 2023Grant Puskar8 months ago
- Parlay All Day & Betting Guide: June 29, 2023Grant Puskar8 months ago
- Parlay All Day & Betting Guide: June 28, 2023Grant Puskar8 months ago
- Recent Posts
- How To: Same Game Parlays (2024)Alex Kaufman1 month ago
- The NFL's Top Paid QB's in 2023/24: How did their team do?Grant Puskar1 month ago
- Ohio Sports Betting Bill: 2023Kole Emplit2 months ago
- Browns WR's will play key role in offensive successMac Blank4 months ago
- Browns trade deadline inactivity means Deshaun Watson should return to form soonMac Blank4 months ago